"J" springs AND 38.5x14.50x15" tires on 15x10 rims with 2"es of BS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a teaser picture of my cruiser on 38.5x14.50x15" TSL SX's. Check out the ROTW of mine for some more.

CIMG2432.jpg

ok a couple more;

CIMG2433.jpg

CIMG2436.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I LOVE it too.

I'm goign to go with an Aussie locker in the rear, and an ARB in the front when I get to it. Looks like I'm headed back to a one rig multipurpose dd.

looks a bit burly for me, but it does look cool.

cheers.

I will ditch my OME low in the spring and toss on an F.O.R. more than likely.
5.29s and 36 IROKs are the plan, along with trimming.
Gotta get to my boy's shop this winter and set him to work on tube bumpers and sliders.
At least we don't have to sleeve the unibody on these things!
;)

so what other mods do you have planned so you can use those on the trail as your sig says??? can you turn into the driveway? are you gonna remove the flares or let the TSL's do it for you? Dont mean to sound negative at all, just curious. Thats a great pic from behind as it does show that the J springs will still net you the stinkbug look.

looks good; bet your lovin the 4.88's now, or i should say the 3FE is.

Oh come on. it's not that bad. I just drove about 60 miles with it, speeds up to 70MPH. I don't need "D" for it, runs very well in 3rd. Better than the 33's in OD in fact.

I'm thinking about using the 38's for the trail riding I do around here, although I would be a lot more selective of the trails I'd ride on. The MJ is a no worry type of rig.

To run these, I would have to add a spacer up front, maybe do a 1" body lift (I have one I could throw on there), some bump stops, and some fender trimming.

Yes, it rubs badly if you turn the wheels more than half of it's stock turning radius. The place that they hit are in the rear of the front fenders. I've looked at this pretty closely, and I could easily trim them to fit. Take the flares off, cut and bend the lower sheet metal, and trim the fender flare lip underneath the leading edge of the flare. Then I think I could put the flares back on and do fine off road, WITH the extended bump stops. Low and Stable...

Am I going to do this... Prob not.

I'll tell ya what I'm thinking. I would like to sell the MJ, and have a set-up to run the 80 for expedition type trips with the 33's, camping etc. Then when I get the occasional bug, I could rock-crawl it, just as I have the MJ, but using even more finesse. Those trees are killers to full size bodies.

I would really like to buy a nice car here in the next few years for my dd back and forth to work.

I don't know, just thought I'd try it since they were sitting there in the garage. Wouldn't You?

The real problem with the "J"'s in this case, is their desire to flex. Really a nice smooth flexy spring. I like them a lot.

My wife was a good sport tonight, and put up with me on our trip to a pig roast. I told her "you can't show up at a pig roast on some wimpy tires." The hummmm from the bias ply TSL's is like only one other thing I've experienced in my life. I love the sound of them on the road, a very calming affect on me. Though the memory is of the C-130's I used to fly in while stationed at FT Campbell in the Army. Brings back some times when I was scared out of my witts... yet now is comforting, I guess knowing that I survived that crap...

So, tomorrow they come off, the 38's that is. I just may have to set the 80 up to use them eventually. I can prove to you that it will work. The TSL's rock off road.

No Joke...:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom