J series suspension question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally got along to getting some 315s and a J series suspension for my LX450.

I picked it up from another member, but I have a question.

According to the CruiserOutfitters page, this is what is included in the J series kit:

J-Series Replacement Suspension 3.5"-4" Lift - $755.00
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1](Retail Price - $932.00)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Part# OME80J[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - OME 850J Front Coil Spring[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - N73L Front Nitrocharger Shock Absorbers (Extended Length)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - OME 863J Rear Coil Spring[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - N74L Rear Nitrocharger Shock Absorbers (Extended Length)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1 - OME CA77B Caster Correction Kit [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1 - OME SD24 Steering Damper[/SIZE][/FONT]

Included was the Slee caster correction, I assume it is the same or quite similiar to OME?

The only thing NOT included was the steering damper. Is this something I will need to use the suspension?

It was definately fun seeing the looks on the tire guy's faces when I said I wanted the 315s installed on my stock height cruiser. Just rolling the tires next to the truck, it looked like the fenders would just SIT on the tires when it was let off the jack.

The height change was already noticeable. I usually just grab the handle and pull myself in....but the first time after the tires...I crashed my hip into the side of the seat...lol.

Anyways, yeah......will I need that steering damper?

You do not "need" the OME steering damper. Do you have the slee correction plates or bushings for the caster? The part number for the caster correction is for the OME bushings.

I got the plates, not the bushings.

The plates are very different from the bushings, but I'm pretty sure Slee's website has some nice PDF instructions on how to install them.

So would the plates just use the stock bushings?

I think you'll like your castor correction plates better than the OME bushings. When I was running the J's, I had the bushings and it wasn't enough correction. I'll be using plates when I'm finally able to get a lift for my new 80.

you definately want the plates. Ive got the j springs and castor correction bushings and they are NOT enough. also i have no extra weight from armor/batteries/etc (yet;)). shes a wanderer and not very fun at all in emergency breaking; and as of yesterday cause for suspected drunk driving at 8:30 in the am:D. oopsy silly white line. I helped my roomate install the plates and not too hard ( have a long prybar). best of luck

Can you post some pics of your rig with 315's on it and stock suspension.... and then with the J lift on it when you finally get it installed?

I'm also on the hunt for a lift kit and debating between OME 2.5" heavy, OME J, and F.O.R 3" lift. This is for a 95% street driven vehicle and 5% off road. I commute over 300 miles/week and gas I can write off for work. Still need to be able to fit into parking garages and plan on running 285 REVOS for probably another 30-40K miles.

Here it sit's stock suspension, with the 315 Terra Grapplers as of 5 minutes ago.

IMG_0098.jpg

Everything less than a 35" tire looks small because the wheel wells are the exact side of a 35 :D

FJBen said:
It appears 35's are the new 33's...;p

all the cool kids are doing it...

I was thinking the same thing. I'll probobly 'upgrade' to 35's when my destination M/T's wear out. Too bad the M/T doesn't come in a 35" tire.

I got them used from another member, hardly any mileage on the tires, and the spare is a 315 BFG AT - so I finally have 5 tires again...

I don't even know what the Terra Grapplers run brand new in that size.

The road noise is non-existant until around 65+...and even then, turning the air on high, or the radio up just a bit, you wouldn't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom