J Arm Steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale
Threads
Website
jonathan-ferguson.tk
With the Wheels pointing straight and then putting its weight on the Wheels, the Steering Wheel is 45 degrees to the right.
Currently my Hilux pulls to the Left. - To go straight, the Steering Wheel has to be held 90 degrees to the right.

As the Suspension cycles and the Wheels remain straight ahead, will the Steering Wheel turn?

When the Leaf Springs are worn out, can it get to a point where the J Arm Steering angle is too severe, and the Steering will pull to the left signifcantly more?

I don't drive on the wrong side of the Road. ;)

I think the link from the the steering box to the J-arm is suposed to be more or less level at a stock hight. When the tire goes up or down from the normal ride hight the steering will be pulled to the left (assuming a left had drive vehicle, and the steering wheel held in place). The more the tire moves from normal ride hight, the more the steering will be off. If the tires stay in a strait line, the steering wheel will turn to the right. I'm pretty sure that's right...... :D

Get new Leaf Springs and with the inceased static height of the Vehicle, the steering should be fine. :cheers: I originally measured from the front of the Drag Link to the Chassis Cross Member, and both sides were within 1mm. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom