I've Stopped Drinking!!!!!

well, I have stopped drinking for two months...
Day one was Monday. Here it is Tuesday and i have the shakes.....j/k

I think i need a break for a while. I was just in Chicago and was drinking every night and felt pretty much ill all weekend - I think it was the fish i ate the first night i was there. I am glad i am not a mean drunk...cuse i would get beat up a lot....lol.

Anyway, this is going to be a hard battle. This weekend I have a poker party and a huge bash for a friends 30th and then there is CMCC.....oh crap, i bet i last 4 days....

Good. I stopped drinking during both my wife's pregnancies (no caffeine, either!!!), and it was very illuminating. Since then, I've never had more than one or two beers every once and a while.

If you stay sober at the poker party and watch your friends, you might never drink again out of shame. . . .

You can do it easily, just remind your self how good that first :beer:
will taste . I quit the booze and coffee for Lent every year (granted it's about 40days only) good luck

Eduardo96FZJ80 said:
I quit the booze and coffee for Lent every year (granted it's about 40days only) good luck
I quit caffine for lent this year and haven't had any soda, coffee, or tea since (wife is catholic, but I am not- I thought I'd play along). I sleep better and feel better overall.
Good luck on the booze :D :beer:

I was thinking of doing the same thing sometime this year. Seems like there is always something planned to prevent me from starting (camping this weekend with two fraternity buds). Don't let others crap on it.

freightdog said:
www.mormon.org/

I think this is the cult you need to join!
lol...I banged a mormon chick for a while. Well, we would have sex and then 2 days later she would tell me she cant do it anymore - guilt or something. Then 3 weeks later we would screw again and she would pull the same sheoit. Finally I said, ok, if we cant "do it" what about blow jobs....lets just say I stuck around for another year.. ;)

I don't drink to get drunk, I drink to make everyone around me more tolerable.

If I didn't drink, think I'd probably stay home all the time.

good4udude... :D

i quit caffiene and nicotine in the past year. best thing i could have done.

still haven't been able to give up beer though....

patride71 said:
good4udude... :D

i quit caffiene and nicotine in the past year. best thing i could have done.

still haven't been able to give up beer though....
great, you gave up the 2 most addictive things in this world, but couldnt give up beer.......
THis is gonna be a hard road... :rolleyes:

Jman said:
I'm assuming that Patride71's deleted thread was something about how he thought spanking the monkey was actually the most addictive thing in the world. :D
LOL...i was wondering if it would fly under the radar.

actually it was something to the effect of "noah is doomed for failure" or "why did i take noah off of my ignore list?" :D

patride71 said:
LOL...i was wondering if it would fly under the radar.

actually it was something to the effect of "noah is doomed for failure" or "why did i take noah off of my ignore list?" :D
lol...cuze you were tired of posting on threads called "do you shave your nuts"

Top Bottom