I've had it with this stinkin' piece of crap! Truck won't run! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to solve this problem for two months; the truck can't be driven. It wouldn't go over 2000 rpm's without choking out or dying after I did the major tuneup. I've replaced the pcv, the coil and changed the plugs, the filters, oil pan gasket etc. Everything has been through the trouble shooting phase electrically...finally you guys suggested the fuel pump. So off I go, drop the tank, install the pump, reinstall the tank, fire it up, and it goes well...except the fuel filter is leaking. So I reinstall with new washer/gaskets, and now she won't stay started...turns over fine, catches, and goes well for about three seconds. Won't run per se, just barely catches.
I'm ready for the looney bin with this thing, or worse, the tow truck to a mechanic. I'm so ticked off I can't see straight. I'm not even sure if she does run, she won't choke out at 2000 rpm's again. I hate her, yet I have new quarter panels and a new exhaust system all lined up for her IF SHE EVER RUNS AGAIN! ARGGHHHH!:mad:

I don't know why she would run fine with the fuel filter leak, at least for a minute or so, and now not run at all after I fixed the leak. The only thing that comes to mind at this point is FPR, but it just seems like I'm replacing and replacing parts, without knowing what's wrong. Anybody want to come to NY and fix this thing?

I'm going outside to throw a rope over a tree branch now...or maybe see if I can get some stinking codes out of her dumb ass brain.

NYNick

Should check your fuel pressure while cranking it. make sure it is enough. How about Carb? very old gas?

All relationships have ups and down. Remember "Til death do us part"

Good luck.

Got It!

Dear Bluebell,

I'm sorry, really. I must have been crazed with frustration to speak of you that way. You just seem to have a way to push my buttons, and lately, you've been driving me crazy.
But I still love you. How was I to know I had knocked your Mass Air Flow connector off during all this repair work? You're kinda high maintenance, like most women are, with a lot of parts we men just don't understand. But I'm trying, and we've been together for 23 years, so let's just drive and make up, Ok?
I've got some great new body parts waiting for you in the garage, and a brand new single cat exhaust coming your way. Ok? Are we good?
(Phew, that was a close one!)

Nick

What is that old saying..............

If it has T*** or Tires, it's gonna give you trouble.

I just went through the same kind of thing, idle solenoid was plugged into the wrong lead. Drove me nuts for a couple days.

...Remember "Til death do us part"...
So kill the beotch and be done with it!:lol:

Is,nt love grand $..
Love is grand$$
Divorce (read that a new ride) will cost you 40k minimum any more.:grinpimp:

Maybe she's telling you it's time for a heart transplant?
(or maybe she's just bat chit crazy like the rest of 'em!):lol::lol:

Lol funny stuff. I feel the frustration Nick. I just keep telling myself, when I get this S.O.B straight we're gonna raise all types of hell to make up for the pain of getting there. Hope you have smooth sailing on the bodywork, and let us know how that exhaust works out.

I tell my wife when she turns 36 I'm trading her in for two 18 year olds...tell your truck that and maybe she'll straighten up (or never run again...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom