I've got Door bushings! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Guess what showed up today?? Foxfab (Mike) I don't know what happened? Vendor told me they shipped today and they just showed up today????

If you haven't been following the other door bushing thread, I had a vendor that I deal with make them to factory specs, supposedly.

Whatever. I've been in contact with Mike at Fox fabrication, because he had his hinges tore apart and could try to fit them as soon as they hit the floor. I know you weren't ready to hang a door, but hinges tore apart are more than I've got now and probably anybody else.

Anyway, I ship fed ex out of my store. 20 bushings will be on Mike's door step tomorrow morning, tracking #676013130305

So everyone else will know when you get them, little insentive to try a couple of them out right away. ;)

Let us know Mike! It's retarded that I get this excited over door bushings :confused:

Thanks, Matt
bush1.jpg
bush2.jpg

I'd sure like to have a set if they fit!

IDave said:
I'd sure like to have a set if they fit!

No problemo, just want to make sure they fit before I start sending them out.

I might have to pound apart a hinge this weekend myself. I was hoping to know if they fit immeaditly. Mike at fox is busy this weekend, so I understand. Worst case scenerio we'll probalbly know on Sunday or Monday.
I just checked that fed ex #, there sitting on his door step right now :)

My hinges are going to need some serious heating and beating with the hammer to get them out. Just don't want to take the time right now to do that, hoping someone else could test fit them.

Matt

buckroseau said:
No problemo, just want to make sure they fit before I start sending them out.

I might have to pound apart a hinge this weekend myself. I was hoping to know if they fit immeaditly. Mike at fox is busy this weekend, so I understand. Worst case scenerio we'll probalbly know on Sunday or Monday.
I just checked that fed ex #, there sitting on his door step right now :)

My hinges are going to need some serious heating and beating with the hammer to get them out. Just don't want to take the time right now to do that, hoping someone else could test fit them.

Matt

I happened to take one door off last night and have a pair apart. It appears one of the POs blew the doors forward in a sudden stop and bent the hinges (besides ripping out the door limiters). I beat on them a bit with a 4 lb hammer and have come a long way toward normalization and alignment. :D

I am thinking of drilling out the center flap pin hole in those that have been distorted, otherwise they may not accept a bushing!
DSCN4242 (Small).JPG

Dave, I bought the $OR hinge pins and bushings for my 45 pickup, and you are right, they (bushings) won't work. The early hinges must not have had bushings. I have a later set of early doors and the bushings do fit in them.

There is definitely a difference between the internal diameter of the door piece of the hinge and the frame piece, albeit small, on my hinges. Maybe it was just bent out, or worn, but I thought either way it might be worth a try to put some of these bushings in there if they would fit.

If you want to try the SOR ones, I can drop them in the mail to you. As long as I can find them.

Dan

Bueller............Bueller.................

Anyone.............Anyone..................

sorry, been at CMCC...

DSC00722.JPG

My initial install sheared one of the bushings right off because I had a little nick in the hinge that caught on the bushing :(

After a little grinder work, it went together. I think the OD and the ID of part of the bushing that goes into the hinge could be a little larger/smaller respectively. I'll have to break out the calipers to measure my hinge again. There seems to still be a little slop in that but it may also be from my hinge being used for a while with little to no bushing at all and is now larger than it should be? But the shoulder seems to be dead on.

This is going to be a stupid question, because I own a lv.

Is that a door hinge or a tailgate hinge?

Matt

I told you it was a stupid question :D I haven't even looked at my doors yet. Although I do have an intimate knowledge of the body :)

So now what? You want to try some more? Have other people try some? Do some more measuring on your end? Try more hinges on your end?

Just wondering if we have a winner here or back to the drawing board? I'm just wondering if the tolerance's you have now with those bushings are as good as Toyota got back then?

Matt

When I had the hinges on the front passanger side door off when I was looking at the bushings I know that the top and bottom hinge seemed to differ ever so slightly. I think it could be from the bushings being so ugly. The pin was fairly clean where the bushings were but in between them was rusted and had about a 10 to 15% material loss. New pins would make a big difference and probably an enormous difference for the rigs east of the Mississippi.

While on this subject, I wanted to let people know that as rickd posted a long time ago the doors differed between years. I had a '66 and tried one of the doors on a '67 with no luck. Heck I spent 4 hrs + after trying the '66 door to get the original door hung and back swinging correctly.

I would be interested in paying for a set and could probably get them in the hinges over the next 2-3 weeks and give a review from the hinges on my truck. I know now to allow a long day for dinking with the doors.

Ground Up said:
When I had the hinges on the front passanger side door off when I was looking at the bushings I know that the top and bottom hinge seemed to differ ever so slightly. I think it could be from the bushings being so ugly. The pin was fairly clean where the bushings were but in between them was rusted and had about a 10 to 15% material loss. New pins would make a big difference and probably an enormous difference for the rigs east of the Mississippi.

While on this subject, I wanted to let people know that as rickd posted a long time ago the doors differed between years. I had a '66 and tried one of the doors on a '67 with no luck. Heck I spent 4 hrs + after trying the '66 door to get the original door hung and back swinging correctly.

I would be interested in paying for a set and could probably get them in the hinges over the next 2-3 weeks and give a review from the hinges on my truck. I know now to allow a long day for dinking with the doors.

You have mail !

Let me try a hinge or two off of the back dorrs since they should be in better shape, ie. werent used as much.

buckroseau said:
I told you it was a stupid question :D I haven't even looked at my doors yet. Although I do have an intimate knowledge of the body :)

So now what? You want to try some more? Have other people try some? Do some more measuring on your end? Try more hinges on your end?

Just wondering if we have a winner here or back to the drawing board? I'm just wondering if the tolerance's you have now with those bushings are as good as Toyota got back then?

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom