I've Got Brakes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSA

Threads
I finally did the V-6 mini truck/4-Runner caliper and master cylinder upgrade on my 62. All I can say is, wow! The improved brake performance is unbelievable. My 62 now stops better than any vehicle I have ever owned. Now all I need is more motor to go with em.

I got loaded calipers, bolts, lock washers, and hard lines from Marlin Crawler. Loaded calipers were about $119 each:

http://www.marlincrawler.com/brake.html

I ordered them Saturday night and had them Tuesday, standard shipping!

I got the MC from autobarn for about $125.00, but it looks like the one Marlin has would work.

As other as have pointed out in previous posts, the conversion is pretty much a remove and replace affair with the exception of some minor grinding of the calipers, if the wheels won't clear, some minor trimming of the dust shields, and some minor bending of the hard lines where they attach to the master cylinder.

Caveat: In this litigous day and age, I must note that I am not a mechanic, and I make no representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of my description of the conversion. It is only what worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom