I've always wondered what a 2F looked like (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've always wondered what a 2F looked like when it was fairly new.

Does anyone have any pictures of the engine/engine bay of a 2F?

Btw, I did a search and came up with nothing.

Thanks!

try CCOT's for restorations for sale page...

Here you go Dude, not mine BTW. :eek:

Land20Cruiser20Pics200102028Medium2.jpg

Land20Cruiser20Pics200042028Medium2.jpg

you could always go to "the big gay 2F build" in the 40 section and see what it looks like but imagine a more subtle paint sceme.

lunyou

Oooooo..... dat's purddy....

what are the fins around the oil filter (Newbie question i bet, but still curious.)

It's called a "Cool Collar" but the company that makes 'em stopped making the large ones that'll fit the 2F size filters.... I just went through a search trying to find a cool collar...

Maybe someone else has had better luck...

It's called a "Cool Collar" but the company that makes 'em stopped making the large ones that'll fit the 2F size filters.... I just went through a search trying to find a cool collar...

Maybe someone else has had better luck...

Yeah, basically cooling fins to help oil temp, I got mine at Specter

Maybe it’s just me, but the 2F just doesn’t look quite right all cleaned up like that. (Could it be because I never saw one in such pristine condition?:hmm: ) A few trail runs and a loose valve cover bolt or two should give it that “just right” patina! :cheers:

Here's what mine use to look like.... a little dirtier now.

pictures%20033.jpg

pictures%20034.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but the 2F just doesn’t look quite right all cleaned up like that. (Could it be because I never saw one in such pristine condition?:hmm: ) A few trail runs and a loose valve cover bolt or two should give it that “just right” patina! :cheers:

I hear ya, in those pics I had only put about 1000 miles on the new engine, and cleaned up engine compartment.

It never was the same after this ride...
attachment.php

:beer:

I've always wondered what a 2F looked like when it was fairly new.

Does anyone have any pictures of the engine/engine bay of a 2F?

Btw, I did a search and came up with nothing.

Thanks!

The featured rig in the March/April Trails has a really clean FJ60 with what appears to be a super clean, totally stock, smogged engine. Maybe he could post up some pics. You can only see so much in a two inch picture in a magazine, but it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

The featured rig in the March/April Trails has a really clean FJ60 with what appears to be a super clean, totally stock, smogged engine. Maybe he could post up some pics. You can only see so much in a two inch picture in a magazine, but it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

I gotta get me a copy...better yet, join!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom