I've always wanted an 80... And as of about a week ago, I finally have one! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've found a lot of great information here, so first off I want to thank everyone for your contributions to this community. This is my first post. I've been stalking the classifieds for months and this 1995 Triple Locked SR5 was too good to pass up on. Now the work begins! It's on Michelin 40's, which are too big for it to the flexing I am looking for, so I will be going to 37's. It has most of the mods that I want already done to it, which will save me a lot of money. For the last 6 years, it has been sitting in the sun, rarely driven, so the paint is not pretty. I really wish the previous owner had not used spray can bedliner on it, but I'll happily if not slowly be working at removing it. At some point, I will get an inexpensive paint job done on it. The cloth interior however is excellent. It has 488's, ARB Bull Bar front Bumper, 4x4 labs rear bumper, Solid Rock Offroad Sliders, Safari Snorkel, OME 4" Competion Coils and shocks, Slee Caster Correction Plates, DC front driveline, Factory front/rear lockers, Center locker switch added from non-US market, Warn M8000 Winch and more! It runs great and really just needs details and clean-up. For some reason, someone removed the factory roof rack and rear wing thing, so I will be hunting for those. I am speculating maybe so it would fit in their garage? I'm excited to get this beast to Moab!

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

Congrats on the pickup! The stock roof rack can be a rust magnet. The rear deflector not as much but almost all of the trucks I have seen have some significant rust under the roof rack.

I've found a lot of great information here, so first off I want to thank everyone for your contributions to this community. This is my first post. I've been stalking the classifieds for months and this 1995 Triple Locked SR5 was too good to pass up on. Now the work begins! It's on Michelin 40's, which are too big for it to the flexing I am looking for, so I will be going to 37's. It has most of the mods that I want already done to it, which will save me a lot of money. For the last 6 years, it has been sitting in the sun, rarely driven, so the paint is not pretty. I really wish the previous owner had not used spray can bedliner on it, but I'll happily if not slowly be working at removing it. At some point, I will get an inexpensive paint job done on it. The cloth interior however is excellent. It has 488's, ARB Bull Bar front Bumper, 4x4 labs rear bumper, Solid Rock Offroad Sliders, Safari Snorkel, OME 4" Competion Coils and shocks, Slee Caster Correction Plates, DC front driveline, Factory front/rear lockers, Center locker switch added from non-US market, Warn M8000 Winch and more! It runs great and really just needs details and clean-up. For some reason, someone removed the factory roof rack and rear wing thing, so I will be hunting for those. I am speculating maybe so it would fit in their garage? I'm excited to get this beast to Moab!

View attachment 2358069

View attachment 2358071

Congrats on the pickup! The stock roof rack can be a rust magnet. The rear deflector not as much but almost all of the trucks I have seen have some significant rust under the roof rack.
Thanks! And good to know. Another plus of this rig is that there is no rust. I might end up getting one of those overland style full length racks for it.

SR5? Pickup? I see an 80. What am I missing here?

Welcome to MUD and congratulations on buying a nice truck. It seems ready to hit the trail from the outside. Did it come with maintainance records?

Welcome to MUD and congratulations on buying a nice truck. It seems ready to hit the trail from the outside. Did it come with maintainance records?
Thanks! No records, but it seems to be taken care of. It’s dry underneath. In my previous career, I worked as a master mechanic, so I’m capable of rebuilding whatever I need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom