It's that time of year again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I'd throw this out there for the local people...
miobi_md08_06d.jpg

I think it looks a little funny myself. It has something to do with all that straight sheetmetal. I expect landcruisers to have unmarred skin but not an '85 4runner.

However, all is not lost~
I'm pretty sure it was sold to some manic with a penchant for flopping and rolling and so now looks more like a soda can that's been stomped on. By a big guy. Several times. With both feet.
:grinpimp:

Hey Dingman

What's the entrance fee? I think I'll be there that Saturday. Maybe even w/ both trucks... we'll see. :)

Adding to what Brent replied.....

New Event Fee Policy is now in effect:

Members:
$35 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day

Non-members:
$55 per vehicle for the entire event
or
$25 per vehicle per day

Admission covers the vehicle, you (the driver) and immediate family members.
Additional vehicle occupants going on the trail will be $5 for the entire event

For those wishing to camp\RV:
$5 camping for whole weekend
Electricity is $5 a day for tents, $8 a day campers and RV's

Memorial Day weekend May 23-26 schedule
Friday
12:00 volunteers to set up tent and other things
3:00 registration and tech in starts
Saturday
All day Poker Run til 6PM
6:00 Hog roast and door prizes drawing
7:00 or about Games
Monday
Grounds close at 5:00!

Thanks Kurt.

Love to see you Toyota people down there. It'll keep me from being a lonely :steer:

Thanks, next question....

What is there for inspections, min. equipment, etc. I'll be bringing the 80 this time. what else do I need to know?

Taken from this link....
Make it or Break It Four Wheelers FAQ and Information

Vehicle Requirements: (obviously, all of the items listed here must be in good working order)

Seat belts for all riders.
Brakes. If it's a manual tranny, emergency brake MUST hold the vehicle on a grade.
Secure tow points, front and rear.
Tow hooks are to be bolted and not welded. D-Rings, Hitches, Recievers, ect., which are designed to be welded are OK to be welded.
Snatch straps - no hooks and no chains.
Vehicles without roofs must have a cage over riders.
Emergency First Aid kit.
Fire extinguisher, secured near driver ( A, B, C rating).
Big engine...no thats not right.
CB Radio.
Vehicles without roofs must have a cage over ALL seats.
Battery bolted down ( no bungee cords).
All interior items must be tied down or secured.

Trail Rules:

Driver and all passengers must be belted in
If broken down on the trail and in the way of other rigs, do your utmost best to move your busted piece of junk (i.e., jeep) off the trail.
Do not use the emergency exit for anything other than emergencies.
No littering
No drinking
No wheeling after dark (plan to get out and off the trails by sundown!)
Avoid off-trail carnage as much as possible.

Be patient....

next question. (remember, this will only be my second trail run/outing ever...:eek:) Does MIOBI have organized "trail runs" or is it more like free wheeling where you want, when you want, and with whom you want?

On a different note, at Tall Corn, the Trail Teams Recovery guy said that the recovery straps were supposed to be rated at X number of times the weight of your truck. Does anyone remember? I thought he said 5-6 times, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Jim

Who else is coming from the Tall Corn group?

next question. (remember, this will only be my second trail run/outing ever...:eek:) Does MIOBI have organized "trail runs" or is it more like free wheeling where you want, when you want, and with whom you want?
No there aren't organized runs. Its free wheeling. I suspect they will tell you when you get there to go out with one or two other rigs. I will be down there Saturday morning, but I am not a Tall Corn Cruiser member. I know the trails very well so look me up if you need someone to run trails with.
On a different note, at Tall Corn, the Trail Teams Recovery guy said that the recovery straps were supposed to be rated at X number of times the weight of your truck. Does anyone remember? I thought he said 5-6 times, but I'm not sure.
I believe you are correct. Don't buy the ones with hooks on the end. I believe mine is 3" wide and 20' long and rated somewhere around 27,000lbs. I think I paid $25-$30 from Northern Tools. Here is a good article(link below) with more information then you will probably ever need.
Pirate4x4.Com - Extreme Four Wheel Drive

rain, rain go away...

Yes Brent, i have your cell. Will you have a compressor w/ you? I'll need to air up and currently don't have mine, but I can borrow one from my dad if i need to.... Just thought I'd ask. (I'm sure some one will....)

Jim

Yes Brent, i have your cell. Will you have a compressor w/ you? I'll need to air up and currently don't have mine, but I can borrow one from my dad if i need to.... Just thought I'd ask. (I'm sure some one will....)

Jim

Yah I have a Co2 tank on back.

The wobble is taken care of, I'm so happy. It now drives exactly as it should, being a soft springed rig with bias plys. A little up and down, but very little side to side.

It was Luke at Ice that got it smoothed out. He said he didn't do anything but charged me for an hour of labor and it's fixed. Go figure.

At any rate, I won't have any trouble driving it down to Dan's now. In fact, I just got Friday off work, so I can get there a day early. Whoop whoop!:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Is there any kind of cancellation due to rain??? Will the owner shut the trails down if they are too muddy? I just don't want to drive all the way down just to find out there is no wheelin....

Jim

It is rain or shine. He won't shut down the trails. I have been down there for events when if you attempted to go down the entrance there was a very good chance of carnage. Most guys down there love the mud. I don't suspect it will be bad if we don't get more rain this morning. I am going to get a trail report from Larry later today as he is going down today to help with setup. I can post up what he says if you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom