it's so cold my LX thinks the parking BRAKE is on.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been well below freezing in Ohio this week, and a new gremlin is popping up. The Parking Brake indicator lite is coming on, despite the brake not being engaged. Seems to happen most frequently when the vehicle has been sitting for a few hours, then goes away after it's been at operating temp for 10 minutes or so..

Has anyone else seen this?

Wc

Check your brake fluid level. If it's good, disconnect the sensor from the reservoir cap. If the light goes out, the sensor's bad.

When the fluid heats up, it expands enough to turn out the light.

Add a little fluid.

This means you're about due for front brake pads, as they are worn enough to keep the pistons extended.

Start shopping parts.

What a timely thread. Same thing happened to me earlier this week.

It threw me off that the BRAKE light was for both fluid level and E brake. I had a failed brake hose a while back losing fluid which turned the light on but I was busy screwing around with the E brake adjustment trying to get the light to go off.

On most cars I've seen low brake fluid is a separate warning altogether. Learn from experience.

It threw me off that the BRAKE light was for both fluid level and E brake. I had a failed brake hose a while back losing fluid which turned the light on but I was busy screwing around with the E brake adjustment trying to get the light to go off.

On most cars I've seen low brake fluid is a separate warning altogether. Learn from experience.

On a 1980 Toyota Corolla I had, the BRAKE light would come on a little when the fluid was low, but when I pulled the E-brake handle, it got BRIGHT, so it was set for two levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom