It's red..........I'm red (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Finally got all the painting done last night. My beloved cruiser is now a nice shiny bright as hell Freeborn red. It's no where near that quality of Alan's work but for my first time and having to paint with half the cruiser hanging out the garage(dad's orders) and fighting to keep bugs and dust off, it turned out all right. Looks good for now, but that won't last long first trip to mountain estates will give it some good character.

now all i have to do is reassemble everything, do my shackle reversal and tie up a few other lose ends........... one week to go.

Last edited:
I thought Jp had said he had a few tricks up his sleeve. Keep it up brutha!

Yeah I got a few tricks......... just gotta wait and see if they work.

Beaufort, I still haven't finished the complete set-up, when I do and I don't blow up my engine I will post up the details.

Gehn, I went with the single stage....... what can I say I'm lazy ;)

and some late model half doors....nice

Looks awesome man cant wait to see it. First thing I'm gonna do is key it to make sure you dont go soft on it at first.

Dude I hope you don't blow up your engine...what that'll make it the 4th engine.....hahha

Did you get your windshield fixed or not? Saw one for sale the other day for like 75 bucks.

Your truck looks awesome in red. I like how the rear wheel wells are cut out. If you flip the rear springs and get a longer rear driveshaft, you will increase your wheel base and gain more clearance at the front of the rear wheel well.

thanks for all the compliments fellas..........

and capt. jim you read my mind, I have to move that rear wheel back ............ anyone know how much it would cost to get the rear shaft lengthened a few inches or any shops in the upstate that can do it.

david those 34's do look small, next up is the 38.5x11 super swamper boggers........ gotta stay with the skinny tires so I can run those stock rims

ClemsonCruiser said:

and capt. jim you read my mind, I have to move that rear wheel back ............ anyone know how much it would cost to get the rear shaft lengthened a few inches or any shops in the upstate that can do it.

david those 34's do look small, next up is the 38.5x11 super swamper boggers........ gotta stay with the skinny tires so I can run those stock rims

Cost to lengthen a drive shaft here is about $60. Check the yellow pages for drive shaft shops. You should not need to have it balanced.

I ran those 38.5x11 boggers for a while and did not like them. My truck was very top heavy and one trip to Tellico with them got my truck dubbed "TIPPY". Remenber upper 2 David?? :eek:

I now have the 39x18 boggers, which may be a bit extreme as far as width goes, but trust me JP, you won't like the 38.5x11's.

Last edited:
I'll trust you on that one, it will be a couple of years before I need new tires and by then I should be able to afford having my stock rims widened so I can run a fatter tire. That is the only reason I run skinnys is because I like the stock rims............

Thanks for the info Capt.

Looking Good!

Looks like a fine job. Congrats on the project. If you haven't done it you can't appreciate how much work is involved; right JP? The tires, the tires. I'm running 35 x 12.50's and told by some this is small. Maybe, but I had no trouble at tellico but became convince that a little taller and a little wider would make it easier on one's backside.(but do nothing good for the wallet)!! 38's could be in my future...

Barry?

Capt. Jim said:
Hmmmmmmmm.....been hanging out with Barry a little too long............. :grinpimp:
Or some other aquaintance/friend I could name from West Palm!

Thanks Alan, and yes it is a ton of work, my paint job isn't near as nice as the ones you have done and I spent days on prep work........... so I can't imagine what you had to do.

And you know bigger tires are always better, the sad thing is I used to think 34's were big now they seem tiny................ oh well

ClemsonCruiser said:

Cline Mobile in Greenville. Ask for thick wall tubing. Lenghthened for 130 including balance. I think its a little cheaper than than cause I had them intall new u joints. I'm waiting for 72-cruiser to school me so I can do my cut an turn. So thin I can get the front installed and get the drive at the right lenght.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom