Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TRAIL TAILOR

Yes Trail Taylor.
Does thay kit come with the trailing arms? If that is the right name for them.

pic below is what it comes with. Basically everything you would have cut off of the frame or fab up.
I have some stock radius arms if you need some.

Will the big V-8 need two snorkel's or will just one big snorkel get the job done?

I was thinking 4?? GOTTA BREATTHEEEE

can you do that artist rendering please? Or need a better profile pic? I was hoping for a roof rack for only those traction boards and then a rack on it for rotopax fuel things too.

CA401584-24C5-46E3-B1A2-F31554054A2B.jpeg

FEB2BEF7-E712-4B18-913B-D42728D141C4.jpeg

25F1CB25-E93F-4EDA-A071-8344E6F2C6A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a link to that kit? I'm clearly missing it if it's on his site.

Yeah, that's what I was told but he has such fancy pictures, I thought I'd ask. I've also heard rear frame side and front and rear axle brackets for using 60 axles are also in the pipe. Waiting to see.

Yeah, that's what I was told but he has such fancy pictures, I thought I'd ask. I've also heard rear frame side and front and rear axle brackets for using 60 axles are also in the pipe. Waiting to see.

It’s not up on the site yet. I just emailed him. He’s building a 55 with a twin turbo 5.7l :oops::oops::oops: nice guy. Easy to deal with.

sales@trail-tailor.com

Tell him I sent you. His is much more reasonably priced than others I’ve seen.

It’s not up on the site yet. I just emailed him. He’s building a 55 with a twin turbo 5.7l :oops::oops::oops: nice guy. Easy to deal with.

sales@trail-tailor.com

Tell him I sent you. His is much more reasonably priced than others I’ve seen.

I've exchanged a few PM's here on MUD. Have some opportunities in front of me and saw his thread about his 55 that was gonna be coil sprung on 60 axles before it took a wicked turn. Not in any hurry, but since I love the ride in my 1991 "soulless beast", I figured this might make driving the 55 much more enjoyable over the long term. I know the 55 stuff is still "in development" but was kind of figuring if I could spread the parts out over a few months, it might make it hurt a little less.

Very much looking forward to how yours plays out.

Are you going to make your own 4.7 harness? Also, what are you doing for gauges and such in the dash?

@jynx

NorthWestFab is making harness. His whole thing is 1UZ/2UZ swaps. Let the professional handle it.

You nailed it on the ride! This will be a 4 season, overland AF, touring machine.
-My 80 rides better than any other 4WD out there.
-2UZ is the million mile Toyota motor
-automatics sucks
-big gas tanks are needed
-55s are the coolest truck ever
-35”s aren’t “that big” anymore

.... and here we are! 🥓 🥓🥓:steer:

Needs more brodozer wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom