Builds “It’s only a motor swap and an axle swap” FJ55, 2UZ, 5 speed, 80 axle build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting the itch to turn my 40 into a 45 and throw a turbo on a 1uz. I have a bunch of rockwell axle threads open on my lappie, so this build may get out of hand. I've already gone the all toyota route on axles in the past, I'm ready to try something different.

I haven't done the research, but I'm curious where the torque comes on in a 2uz vs the 1uz.

Also @TachedOutOffRoad where did you land on the 200? Just bought one and man you will not be disappointed if haven't decided yet.

@yOHda

From what I know, the 2UZ has been described as a “truck” motor and the 1UZ as a “car” motor. Both awesome, but the 2 should more TQ at lower RPM. Both light years ahead of a 22RE or 2F. Toyota did a ton of research and design on the 1UZ. Ton.

I have had one set of Rockwell’s and they are HUGE. Even narrowed, they are huge and heavy. Cheap, but that’s the only reframing quality.

lm out of town 5 days this week and pick it up next week getting tires mounts and aligned. Damn AWD Caddy.

How well has the electric fan been working out for you? I have read different threads where others felt an electric wasn’t enough and went back to a mechanical fan.

I am trying to fit a mechanical fan on my build now and having to be creative. Going with an electric fan is my backup right now if the mechanical fan doesn’t work. It would be gear to hear your experience since you have some miles on it now.

How well has the electric fan been working out for you? I have read different threads where others felt an electric wasn’t enough and went back to a mechanical fan.

I am trying to fit a mechanical fan on my build now and having to be creative. Going with an electric fan is my backup right now if the mechanical fan doesn’t work. It would be gear to hear your experience since you have some miles on it now.

I’ve had no issues. This is a 3,300cfm fan? I think. All the reviews were from big block muscle car guys saying it keeps their 454s and stuff cool. I haven’t had my pig in the mtns in the summer yet, but it does move a metric s*** ton of air for sure. @nvrlose54 has the same one in his chebby treediddy pig. I don’t believe he’s had any issues.

I’ve had no issues. This is a 3,300cfm fan? I think. All the reviews were from big block muscle car guys saying it keeps their 454s and stuff cool. I haven’t had my pig in the mtns in the summer yet, but it does move a metric s*** ton of air for sure. @nvrlose54 has the same one in his chebby treediddy pig. I don’t believe he’s had any issues.
If it keeps a big block Chevy cool it will work on any Toyota. I’ve got about 5,000 miles on my build and have not had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom