It's on! No turning back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have started on my son Brooks 60. We bought it a few years ago after finding it here on mud. After taking our 40 up on the Rubithon this year, on the Wagon run where we met some awesome people that guided us newbie's throughout the trail and Brooks spotted cruiserdrew massive blue 60 and say's to me that how I want mine to look. So after talking to Andy about his 60, it was on to find a 80 series axle with Chevy 63" springs and do a spring over. With a lot of help from Georg at Valley Hybrids and Rob- landcrusher909 I think we are in good hands to pull this off. Brooks has joined the Marines and takes off for Bootcamp on January 23, so I am shooting to have her back on the road by the end of April when he graduates Bootcamp. We will take all the input we can get, so thanks in advance!!!

Bob and Brooks

IMG_7371.PNG

Looks good. I am doin close to the same setup in the next few months.

That picture of the rear springs, there isn't weight on them correct?

What manufacturer is "RT"?

Looks good. I am doin close to the same setup in the next few months.

That picture of the rear springs, there isn't weight on them correct?

What manufacturer is "RT"?
Yes Matt they are just hanging there. We need to get the front in and then set her down.
The perches are from Rock Tactics.

Rob is a great guy! He has been a great asset to me here in CT. First person I spoke too after I rebuilt my gear box so I have a special connection more or less. Looks like fun! Enjoy!

Doing the same setup on mine. Are you planning on using the rears up front?

Subscribing! Awesome stuff.

Thats going to be an awesome truck. Thanks to your son for his service and you and the rest of the family as you are as much a part of the decision as he is.

Can't wait to see what it is going to be like. Give us some specs on what the plans are... SOA of course, 80 series axles with 60 springs. What else?

Thats going to be an awesome truck. Thanks to your son for his service and you and the rest of the family as you are as much a part of the decision as he is.

Can't wait to see what it is going to be like. Give us some specs on what the plans are... SOA of course, 80 series axles with 60 springs. What else?

Thank you sir, the truck has a 5.3 in her already from the PO. We will need to work out the smog issues for Ca. Georg has set up our third members with 4.88's with ARB lockers. Gonna run 37's. We have the inside tore apart getting ready for the Dynamat. Need to drop the transfer case and throw in a lower gear set. Marlin high steer along with the knuckle gussets. Exhaust needs to be reworked. Hoping to throw on a Costa fabrications rear bumper on her also!

Nice build. I thought you were going factory lockers? ARB = good choice!

I have a son in the service too. He gets out in May. See you at Rubithon?

So you have taken a perfectly good 60 and done this to it, shameful.
(read as; jealous as possible to be be as we can't do mods like this in Australia)
Great to see skills like this being passed on. looks like it will be unstoppable when finished, can't wait to see the end results.

fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom