Its finally happening (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes it is finally happening. I came home from school today with some buds got the credit card out and started buying. 3" Deluxe Pinnacle Lift from JT Outfitters, 33x12.5 Explorer Pro Comp Mud Terrains, 15x8 Xtreme Alloys also by Explorer Pro Comp (both wheels and tires from 4wheelparts.com), and a heavy duty Steering stabalizer from sor.com.

Ive been picking this out for too long and i decided i could not wait any longer. Sooo I bought it all at once. Makes me very very happy.

I will post updates as i receive and install everything. Lots of pics. I love digital cameras... Im even thinking about a writeup on the whole project. I guess we will see.

Blue 88 fj62 -TC

Looking at the photo of your crusier...

I notice that something seems terribly wrong! It has DUAL HEADLIGHTS. Is this an authentic TLC, or is it modified?? :D

I mounted fog lights on the front bumper. I think it looks good and the extra light has been very helpful when driving.

...and if you are talking about the four lights across right under the hood that is how fj62s come. Fj60's have the round lights. On my truck the outside two i believe are my regular lights. The next set in are my brights and of course the ones in the middle on my bumper are my fog lights. Personally I like it when all six are on.

make sure you gets all yer parts from JT. they shorted me some parts from my suspension lift and never did get them to me. and I bitched alot. that was a year ago.

Just thinking about the project... when the lift is done i will have the tires and wheels allready balanced and ready to put on. Do I need to have my wheels aligned before i drive my truck around with 33 on? My truck drives perfectly now.

What do you think will come in the mail first: your parts or the credit card bill? :(

im hoping the parts... All i know so far is the stabalizer will be in the 8th. I think everything else is shipping out tommorow. I wish i could at least look at everything. anyway any ideas on ALIGNMENT?

not much will change, what you will notice is the steering wheel will be off(to the left) after you lift it, it's not really an alignment issue(meaning it won't hurt a thing), you can correct it yourself but adjusting the relay rod. Caster might change(depends on how the springs are made) You can correct(if needed) with caster shims(prolly 2deg) in the front. Unless you are replacing tie rod ends then nothing else will change. the only adjustment that can be made(by an alignment shop) are toe in toe out.

John H

not to rip on jt but they will rape you in shipping, bought a mere throttle cable and got stuck with a 9.50 shipping charge that was half the price of the cable :mad:

just found out the lift will come in 6 boxes weighing a total of 226 pounds and the shipping totals $85. Luckly i stopped caring about the cost of this project otherwise i would never do anything. I have tried to shop smart though.

On friday when i ordered everything some of my friends were around and my mechanic (Brian) said "I love this careless spending of money." Brian has a pathfinder but really wants a landcruiser. He actually calls my truck his own because we are always working on it. We cant find a good deal on a landcruiser here in his price range so he is just going to try and keep up with my upgrades by upgrading his own truck. He is going 6 inch lift and same size tires. Or thats the plan... I wish he had more money so he could buy a real truck but we are still in school and I think we are doing pretty well for the amount of money we have. We are really good at working on trucks and thats why we are doing the install ourselves and he also has a bad-ass garage (air tools and the works) which will make this much easier and since we have the correct tools we will install everything correctly and quickly.

let us know how those pinnicle work once you get them on.
when i was shopping for a lift i called, emailed, mailed, and tryed everyother way to get ahold of that company so i could buy that same lift... i never once got ahold of anyone... not even a machine.

i ended up getting the skyjacker 4" from a local place and was unhappy with the stiffness. aftern having them on for a year now, they are softened up nicely and i love them. to bad i have to sell them this winter when i SOA :)

anyway, i would like to know how those pinnicle are right out of the box

Re:Its finally happening (parts have come in)

My lift tires and wheels arrived yesterday. Everything is in perfect condition and is better than i expected. If these parts were shipped friday then they arrived in 3 business days. Now that is awesome. I will install everything next weekend. I start 2:30 after school on Friday next week and I have taken off work to finish this as fast as possible. I will keeep you posted.

Overview of parts. (Sorry about the messy storage room)

Re:Its finally happening (parts have come in)

close up of tire a wheel

Good luck man!
Took me 2 afternoons after school and a VERY long friday afternoon to do my 40 SUA lift.
Have fun!

Unfortunatly, doesn't look like the lift helped that red x in white box flex any better. :( maybe you need to grease something :D

looks fine on my computer and its hosted by ih8mud. try to refresh it and see if you can get rif of those x's.

It took my buddy Brian and I 14 hours. I got out of school early on friday and finished the front at 8pm. Started the next day and finished it up. It looks awesome. So far flexing everything... tires fit pretty well but if i turn my wheels hard the front tires rubs on full flex. Im going to take a ball peen hammer to it but it should be fine. The underside looks great. No problems and the steering stablizer is great. I got my wheels aligned and my truck track straight and has a real nice ride. It is not stiff and actually feels better than my stock springs and am very impressed with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom