It's big, thick, and black! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My new 3" exhaust, courtesy of Ateb.

No more diesel fumes from my leaking flex connection, no more fart can, and it sounds pretty f'n great I think.

It's a little more responsive off the line, not quite like 'Mad Max flip the blower switch and get thrown back in the seat', but it definetly feels like its got more go. I can only guess about lower egt's as gauges are still on my to do list.

(and yes I know blowers don't have switches, but you tell Mad Max that!)

The exhaust is routed down inside the frame rail, as opposed to going outside and behind the front tire in the stock position, then straight back to the aero turbine muffler, up and over the rear cross member where it ties into my 'CruisinOffRoad rear bumper and exits flush with the face of the bumper.
I hummed and hawed about the muffler, originally I just wanted a straight pipe, but decided the hell with it as I'm no longer 19 and need to be obnoxious. The muffler is the only piece of the exhaust exposed now, but it is tucked up as high as possible along the inside of the frame. I could put a plate over it one day I guess.

Some pics, from the engine bay and back.

P1010348.jpg
P1010349.jpg
P1010350.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Saw your rig there... I still owe you a few beers...

nice clean install. I like it. Sounds great.
What else is on the list?

I'm almost all done!

Only thing left to do now is the front bumper, winch, roof rack, RTT, trailer, clean up some wiring, new stereo, new lights, new suspension, new tires, new gears, tcase gear change, intercooler, tranny upgrade.......

LOL! Sounds like my list. Exhaust sounds great. Doubles as a leaf blower too! (or was that your daughter standing behind the truck with the leaf blower for dramatic effect?;) )

That's a very nice upgrade. I like the routing inside the frame rail at the front. Very tidy, and will probably last longer as its not in the spray off the front tire.

-Jason

Nice, I love the routing on it!

Did they go 3" strait off the turbo or is there still the stock 45ish piece?

Cheers

Hmmmmm...... Niiice........ I really like how they put the pipe down the inside the frame, the factory route is a bit of a choke point getting up and over the frame again. You and Graham will have to have a drag for pinks now :steer:.

hmmm. I really like that inner frame route as well. Ateb usually hogs out the dump pipe to a true 3".

Silicone hose as a final connection?

Let us know how it stands up to the temperatures.

sounds good!

Silicone hose as a final connection?

Let us know how it stands up to the temperatures.

No issues at all so far.

Jason of 'Cruisin bumper fame sourced me the silicone when he was building my bumper. I believe he said it was used for turbo applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom