It's been a long time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member here and I'm happy to have discovered this place. Due to relocation and family commitments and all the other sort of stuff that generally seems to steal away whatever free time a man might have, I'm finally getting a chance to refamiliarize with an old friend. Trusty FJ40 has been sitting for 10 years in my dads garage and is finally coming home (don't tell my wife). I'm sort of curious as to whats become of the ol' FJ's over the last few years. Mine was originally set up for Pismo and Glamis back in good old California but now stranded on the Outer Banks of NC, I'm afraid racing up any sort of respectable sand dune is not going to be an option (there are no respectable sand dunes out here!!). The rock crawling thing seems to be a neat area to play with (first need to find area with rocks). My old ride is a 71 with, at one time, all the trick gizmos that were avaliable though I imagine times have brought a whole new assortment of must haves. Currently running a 327 small block mated to an Art Carr Turbo 400 (is he still around??), disc's on all 4 corners, saginaw power steering, posi rear end (stolen from an old corvette and shoved into Toyata third member with the aid of a large hammer), full racing cage, Hickey Sidewinder Winch stuffed under rear end (wonder if their still around also). Suspension is one of Rancho's first kits back when Gene ran the outfit though I guess they sold out to some big company some time ago. Anyway, once again I'm happy to have found this place and will be looking for advice once I start re-doing the old LC and bring her back to life. By the way, I bought this thing new right about the time I started learning how to shave.
ScanImage001.jpg

good lookin truck! would work wellon the padre beaches of tejas.

jim

Welcome

Welcome! You've found a great place! Let me be the first to give you the official welcome :flipoff2:

You might like this post then.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=47356

Your didn't by chance have it ona trailer a couple of weeks ago. I saw a blue one while I was there being towed up near corolla. Wish I would have known you were around we could have gotten together. Always up for talking witha fellow cruiserhead.

I spotted two while I was there. A nice lifted 100 who gave me the cruiser wave. and that blue 40 on a trailer.

Ahhh, I fondly remember paddle tires from teenage years of off road drags. Then on Sunday would swap them for "dessert dogs" for motorcross.

Welcome and thanks for the memory.

just wanted to say welcome :flipoff2: nice looking cruiser!

Welcome to the madness!!!

Trollhole said:
You might like this post then.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=47356

Your didn't by chance have it ona trailer a couple of weeks ago. I saw a blue one while I was there being towed up near corolla. Wish I would have known you were around we could have gotten together. Always up for talking witha fellow cruiserhead.

I spotted two while I was there. A nice lifted 100 who gave me the cruiser wave. and that blue 40 on a trailer.
Nope. Wasn't me. Mines still in that garage back in Cali. Hopefully (should work permit) I'll be flying out and dragging her home in September where it will then displace the wifes Volvo from it's warm and cozy location in our garage. I imagine job number 1 will be figuring out a way to keep teenage son from sneaking it out and seeing how far up Jockey's Ridge it will go. Actually it's doubtful that it will be in running shape after 10 years of hibernation. If I remember correctly, there was a severe leak from the auto into the Toyota transfer case and I would imagine by now that the gas tank, tires and exhaust system are shot. Thanks for the welcome!!! I'm looking forward to re-living the adventure once again.

Still.... the OBC is one of my favorite places to be- almost moved there back in the late 70's - I could a been king of Frisco if I had. Hope to visit soon -

welcome -nice cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom