It’s at Trollhole’s and under the knife, pics included (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to head to Greenville in the next few weeks, maybe in the next week or so depending on the storm and a few other things. I’ll have them operate under the hood and replace the head gasket, delete the EGR and a few other things while it’s there. I just don’t have the time these days to dive into a project like that. In speaking with Marshal and Greg, I feel that I’ll get more than my money’s worth when they’re done.

I had posted a while back about oil in my coolant, but no signs of overheating. I believe it’s my oil cooler that is the culprit, but I’m no expert. Been keeping an eye on it along with dreaming of a 5.3 swap, but sadly I’m going to have to pass on that plan. Our goal is to have our house paid off in the next 2-3 years and then I can wonder down that road again or buy something stupid/once in a lifetime purchase. The wife has already greenlighted my future stupid purchase, just need to get there... Right now I just want to be able to drive the thing and not wonder if today will be the day the head gasket does go?

If anybody needs anything taken up or brought back and we can fit in my wife’s vehicle I’ll be glad to transport. I’ll post back as I zero in on the exact date along with a complete bill of health once they’re done. Fingers crossed they don’t find anything beyond what we’re expecting

:cautious:

Only if you really like landcruisers

Today is the day, about to head that way. Not terribly worried about the drive, but I do hope it goes smoothly. Well that and that they don’t find anything unexpected!

And it’s started...

7EC98655-41A8-4A4D-BC99-549F72893095.jpeg

V8 Swap? or I6 rebuild?

Sadly just the head gasket and rebuild of the head. V8 dreams aren’t shot yet, just trying to be fiscally responsible and get through the next couple of years.

Picking it up Wednesday! Was hoping to get up there this past week, but couldn’t escape from work. Can’t wait to have it back, will be a nonstop grin on the drive back.

Good to hear.

Made it back with no problems yesterday. Can’t speak highly enough of the work they did. Felt great to be able to cruise down the road and not worry about an impending disaster.

Looks Great!

May have done the power steering while there, but you gotta do what you can, when you can.

Congrats on the confidence builder....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom