ITBI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried a indepedent throttle body injection? What do you think about it....some of my friends just put this in their rice rockets and say it kicks ass...just wondering

yup, a throttle body for each cyl. right off the head, looks pretty damn cool and i guess gives ya lots of power

Would this be the fuel injection equivalant of side draft carbureutors? &nbsp:Depending on how it was done it could get very complicated. Correct me if I am wrong but in a 2F with six seperate throttle body injectors wouldn't you need O2 sensors for each cylinder to properly meter the fuel in each cylinder. Also unless you had a long custom intake you would probably loose low end torque, the longer the intake runner the more low end torque you have in theory. I believe this idea is good for quick (i.e. drag racing) high engine RPM power, but I believe low RPM horsepower and torque would suffer. Just thinking out loud what do other people say?

It would look trick as hell, just like one of those old fuelies with the stacks sticking straight up out of the hood. Really hard to make good air filtration, a huge pain to syncronize, linkage nightmare,but you could swap intake stacks for RPM tuning. If you assumed all throttle bodies were synchronized properly, you could use a single o2 and meter the fuel to all cylinders equally. You could even squirt all at the same time like most non-SPFI engines. It really makes almost no difference.

Bottom line - huge cost and complexity for having almost no useable power difference, but you'd have the only one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom