It was my First Time (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Being a picky eater in my youth I never tried Tomato soup. Through the 60's, 70's, 80's, and so on. Don't get me wrong, I like salsa, catsup, cocktail sauce, and more recently tomato juice (V8 and Clamato). All of my work in my first career as an Ag Consultant and taking care of thousands of acres of processing and fresh tomato's, I would not eat even a slice of tomato on a burger, and kicked them out of my salads. Much to the chagrin of my bosses at customer lunches. I guess your tastes change as you get older. I learned to appreciate the grand tomato as my cooking skills increased. Tonight I had a bowl of Tomato and Red Pepper Soup (Costco brand) and it was great. The wheels started turning and I thought of ways to alter this soup to fit a Mexican style and Italian and Provincial.
Then I started thinking of lots of different types of grilled cheeses that would go with it.
The race is on!
What had my Mud Bro's got?
-Jim

PS - I like the thought of grilling/smoking the tomatoes, and bell peppers (and garlic) to make a soup.

Add cheezits to it.

Sometimes you just can't beat the original.

Yes the directions said to float a few crotons on top, and I did eye the kids goldfish in the pantry.

Used the rest of the soup mix with some spices as a marinade for mex chicken. Mixed with beans, rice, and vac sealed grilled sweet corn from the summer. Made mex chicken bowls, and served with hot buttered tortillas.
This might go good with Rusty's One Pot Meals.
-Jim

Vecci, that does not sound right to me. I'm still working on the soup by itself.

I was thinking of grilling/smoking the ingredients to make the soup, and then adding a neat garnish on top. Combine it with one of two grilled cheeses. 1) A grilled cheese that my youngest son created. Basic stuff, American cheese, but he adds my smoked trout into it, and then grills/fries/butter burns it in a pan. 2) A type - or - version of porchetta grilled cheese.
Any how, the idea was that the Smokey soup would complement the sandwich and versa vi'sa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom