It was just a fuel line... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as I was pulling the body off the frame the high pressure fuel line from the fuel pump to the body mounted line was not budging, it was pretty well seized on there. So I grabbed a pair of wire cutters and cut it to free the body. It's just a fuel line, it's old, I'll just replace it I thought. Well this part is NLA, apparently, so I'm feeling pretty dumb right now. I was able to break the fittings free, but much heat was needed to do so. Of course this would have been bad at the time as there was still old gas in the lines and the tank.

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this problem now? It's the hose circled in red below:
1580138648347.png

P/N 23091-61010

Should I just get two AN fittings (19mm?) with barbs and some high pressure fuel line and be done with it?

I think your alternate idea would be fine, but you could also just look for another application that uses the same fittings. I think toyota tacomas also use a rubber/plastic flex line with those fittings on it that would work. I would try a different application and see if there is anything available. A good toyota parts guy could find you something in short order. We in canada, I'm afraid would be hard pressed to find such a person as they have a hard time using common sense here in the toyota parts department. I think in the US you'd have more luck. I believe there are some members on here who would have access to the information you need.

Is this the steel line that goes right through the cap to the in tank pump?
or is it the line exterior to the tank?

Pretty sure it's a standard type metric fitting that can be worked around. Once you figure out the size and pitch, the rest is easy.

Cruiser Yard in Austin might have used one. Listed on Vendors list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom