It moves it but no way Im towing it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wow.... knew the boat was heavy but damn...

good news is with soggy ground and 4L/Locked Center/Locked rear Igot her off my lawn but thats as far as this setup travels...

1. cause it would scrape as the towball isnt high enough...
2. I'd kill my transmission
3. Id probably blow the rear shocks which I just put in....

188510_10150136622802921_504602920_6770569_5732557_n.jpg
the boat is attached... I think the snow-pile is throwing it off a little... but yeah... this setup aint happening... hahahaha
188510_10150136622802921_504602920_6770569_5732557_n.jpg

wow.. I didnt realize just how much the pontoon was up on the snow.. so the hitch/towball should sit a little flatter/higher... But there is NOOOOOO way I am risking my transmission over this... back to borrowing teh brother inlaws 2500HD

just go for it

apart from the legal aspects, I would have gone for it. If it really is overloading (you don't state trailer weight), then the ATF would just get too warm, and the warning light would come on, on the dash. Then you idle for a while to let it cool. If you're paranoid then tow it in low range. Obvious this is fine for a few miles, not 100s of miles...

just my $0.02

/Pete

Pontoons aren't that heavy but they're like huge parachutes behind you. I towed boats all the time when I worked at a marine dealership with my 00 tundra v-8 and a 8,000lb Baja speed boat pulled easier than a 4k lb pontoon. I bet that pontoon in the picture on the trailer probably still weighs less than 4,500k lbs. The tongue thing is a little disturbing though. Bottom line if you have access to a 2500 pickup better to use his than yours!

That is one massive party barge! You can get a 7" drop hitch and flip it so you are essentially raising the ball 7" to raise the tounge of the trailer up some. The trailer weight looks off balance to me. Are you sure snow or water hasn't leaked in your wrap causing the front to weigh more than normal? The 100 obviously isn't the ideal tow vehicle but i've towed 5,000lb boats without a problem... The 2500HD with the Allison transmission is the tits for towing tho... We've pulled my buddy's 10,000lb Regulator behind one of those and it doesn't even flinch...

Well... it looks like their is way too much load on the tongue. Is the boat loaded properly on the trailer? Trailer axles should support most of the weight. Maybe flip your receiver/ball so you gain some height at the hitch. Good thing you have another month before ice out. Skol.

look at the right side rear wheels of the trailer... it is parked up on about a foot of ice/snow...

the trailer sits flat... pontoon is a 25ft triple pontoon with a 200p Etec.. and also has the sea legs attached.. she is pretty heavy.. haha

A F350 diesel feels it when starting off... and braking.. so yeah she is heavy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom