It Lives. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.claritypoolservice.net
Finnaly got the gold plated fuel line parts on Saturday, threw some fuel in her and started up on the third turnover - not bad since it hasn't ran in over a year. The new lower fuel line worked great, great enought so the upper high pressure blew 30 seconds later...back to the drawing board:D. Found the upper in record time and started her for the second time...ran great for 5 minutes and the return line blew at the gas tank...thankfully that is an easy fix with hose I had on hand. After that I spent the rest of the day going over vital hoses:grinpimp: for wear...didn't want to start a trend!
Everything else looked pretty good, so I road tested her last night and had to try the obligatory rock in my front yard...

She's now a runner!

More parts coming soon....
IMG00534.jpg
IMG00535.jpg
IMG00536.jpg

That's awesome!! :flipoff2: Looking good...so when's the fun stuff coming?

That's awesome!! :flipoff2: Looking good...so when's the fun stuff coming?

Just trying to put together ideas on what to do...trying to cobble together parts scrounged from other people / craigslist / TTORA board, etc. It will probabaly be slow...as I think this will be an example of a low buck "Recession Build" type budget:grinpimp:.
For the interim, I have something to drive when I need a backup, and teach a teenager to drive in:steer::bang:.

That poser rock is getting a workout between the mini and the Lexus :)....Looks like it turned out to be a good deal with minimum work. I think it would be a good teenager's first ride as well. Sits high, not too fast and stout. All the good things a first driver needs IMO

Looks good!:cheers:

Check the DOT code date on the tires, if they are old be careful until they are replaced.

Oh there old all right....including awesome death wobble from sitting with low air for so long. They are getting swapped as soon as I find some traded out tires that will still hold air from discount or craigslist.

That poser rock is getting a workout between the mini and the Lexus :)....

:grinpimp:I'm pretty sure that that rock 9and the others around it have been used to check out the undercairrages / flex of every vehicle I own at lest twice. It's much quicker than getting a jack out...
4runner On Rocks.jpg

i got some wranglers but there on 16s prob no help:meh:

Hey Josh,

Great to hear you got the truck running! I'm sorry to hear about the other hoses blowing though! If you're interested I've got a set of springs from a Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that I pulled for that truck to do the swap on... They are sitting in my garage here in Flagstaff but if you want them, they are yours next time I come down. Let me know!

Mike

Im reading your sig line for your new aquisition and saw:

85' Mini - 22re, FI, Solid Axle, AC!, Under Construction

Does the AC really blow cold still!?

I've got the 33's that are on the 60 currently. I need to find some wheels to mount the 255's and then they'll be available.

Hey Josh,

Great to hear you got the truck running! I'm sorry to hear about the other hoses blowing though! If you're interested I've got a set of springs from a Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that I pulled for that truck to do the swap on... They are sitting in my garage here in Flagstaff but if you want them, they are yours next time I come down. Let me know!

Mike

57", or 63" Chevvys? Either way - YES.

Im reading your sig line for your new aquisition and saw:

85' Mini - 22re, FI, Solid Axle, AC!, Under Construction

Does the AC really blow cold still!?

It blows cold - er than the outside temp:hillbilly:. I am probably going to recharge once I get more some time and find my gauges.

I've got the 33's that are on the 60 currently. I need to find some wheels to mount the 255's and then they'll be available.

Interested. Your runnin 16" rim, correct?

Nah, 15's on there now. I need to go to 16's for the 255's. Will likely have to have the wheels I want built as I cant find that they ever existed.

The springs are the 63" Chevies...

Nah, 15's on there now. I need to go to 16's for the 255's. Will likely have to have the wheels I want built as I cant find that they ever existed.

Perfect - let's talk this weekend...trade perhaps? I can have the vitamin water bikini team stop by your house once a week and do a drop off? :grinpimp: (wife permitting of course)

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom