It just kept running! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HJ47 2H engine.
Turned key off, but it just kept running. Took key out, but it just kept running. Put key back in and tried to engage the starter and nothing...but it just kept running. Popped the clutch and it stopped running.

Now I am kinda wondering WTF?

Maybe your ignition switch is poochedand fawking up the EDIC control and is not working. Will it start?

Check the fuses. If the fuse for the edic is blown it will not work.

Search EDIC on here for more info about it. It the motor behind the injection pump with a rod on it. It controls the on/off/overinjection functions thru a control box(relays).

If the control box doesn't get signal(pwr) from the ignition it does one thing. If it doesn't get power it will do another.....etc.

I think that is fairly common on the HJ47. Maybe they improved the HJ60 because you dont hear of it happening so much.

I can see why Toyota swapped over to the fuel cut solenoid on the 1H* range of engines

Last edited:
Hmmmm...Could this be related to another problem I am having? My fuel and temp gauges both max out like they are going bad or something. Or is the EDIC only related to the oil px?
I'll check those.

what they have in common is grounds. have a look where your battery gounds to the engine and body. And a general look at your fuse block. Look at the connections carefully. Check all fuses too.

Hmmmm...Could this be related to another problem I am having? My fuel and temp gauges both max out like they are going bad or something. Or is the EDIC only related to the oil px?
I'll check those.

The gauge problem can also be a dying alternator but I would look at all the grounds starting with the battery cables at BOTH ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom