Builds it has begun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
it has begun, my 74 restoration

started my 74 fj/bj restoration this week , it only took about 8 hours to get this far...truck is in pretty good condition and will require minimal work...not a @&@&@&@& load of sheet metal anyways.:)

Enjoy , I will be buying a star latter to show all work...Daryl
DCP_1563.jpg
DCP_1564.jpg
DCP_1581.jpg

Last edited:
more
DCP_1571.jpg
DCP_1599.jpg

1 more
DCP_1589.jpg

it lived it's whole life in Churchill Falls Labrador...NO SALT !! I bought it from it's original owner.
Daryl

I posted a question in the official color thread as to what color code it is...can anybody tell me ?
Thanks , Daryl

Wow, nice tub. Thats in really good shape. I wish my :censor: piece of :censor: looked that good when I started. :cheers:

So whats the plan, bone stock resto? Any mods? :bounce2:

pretty much bone stock body resto , the engine has already been changed from the gasser to the diesel presently in it and it will stay that way .
Daryl

Looking good. Your tub looks to be in a bit better shape then mine.

planning on a rebuild on the motor? stock suspension?

here is some progress, more to come
Daryl
cruiser1.jpg

more:)
cruiser2.jpg
cruiser3.jpg
cruiser4.jpg

more again....hope to have the body finished in a month or so...yea right!!!
cruiser5.jpg
cruiser6.jpg

last one for now. After the sandblasting the bottom and frame were painted with International Paints industrial primer/converter. This stuff is the same stuff that is used on ships and offshore oil rigs! It should hold up...it has the consistancy or ketchup! It is as hard as por15 but less than 1/2 the cost and does not require all the prep work that por requires.
Daryl
cruiser7.jpg

Wow, you are making quick work, nice progress so far.

looks like it could be Nebula green # 622 from where the diamond plate was removed.

attachment.php

Yes it is Nebula Green and that is the color she will be when finished. It is not going as fast as I want...I started 14 months ago and I have only got this far so far....most of the work has been done in the last 3 months. I am going to make it a factory soft top replica..It will only be a summertime machine. It may even go on ebay when finished...not sure yet...I have this terrible addiction for projects! I have a boston whaler that I have to start working on in a month or so, so the cruiser will go back in storage for the summer.
Daryl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom