ISUZU Vehi Cross------pos? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they'd be an awesome ice fishing rig for getting around on the lake in the winter. You'd float over everything and weigh next to nothing. They look like they'd practically float like an ATV with those big tires. :)

My Luv tips the scales at around 2600#...Troopers and Rodeos are usually in the 35-3900# range...I would imagine VX's are around about the same as well :)

My Luv tips the scales at around 2600#...Troopers and Rodeos are usually in the 35-3900# range...I would imagine VX's are around about the same as well :)

I was told over 4k

I was told over 4k

that sounds plausible...numbers I have are off of the first gen Rodeo and Trooper, second gen stuff (of which the VX is based on) would make sense to be heavier :cheers:

So I have put a few thousand miles on it so far. Final thoughts are it is nimble and fairly quick for what it is. Quicker than my D-90 and much more room and way more comfortable. I could not bring myself to put mud tires on it so I went a few sizes taller and a little wider and it made a huge difference.

For those who say holy crap that is an ugly interior! Recaro seats from the factory! Rear seats fold all the way forward and all the way back.

I had a boat place re apply the gel coat the the hood insert, crazy perfect! It had a few rock chips that were like craters to me.
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg

Had the hood painted as it was riddled with rock chips and then a 3M clear bra laid on. Also had the windows tinted and it looks waaaaaaaaay better now.
DSC_0074.jpg
DSC_0080.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg

Serviced the trans, brake fluid, PS fluid, braided lines, coolant flush, 20-50 Mobil 1, r-diff, f-diff and t-case service and polished the head lights.

Has coil springs with reservoir KYB shocks, I put 8 bags of planting soil in the back and never noticed. Kinda odd
DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg
DSC_0103.jpg

very cool, the rear suspension on the trooper and vx is a very good one. But in stock form they almost ride on the bump stops without anything in them, or at least the troopers do.

there is a deep pocket in the center console that holds a drink very well. But after driving this thing I can tell you it is a freaking blast! you put the hammer down and she flat out scoots, you would have to drive it enjoy it.

The brakes are killer, fuel mileage is 12 mpg or 175 to to the tank.

Breaks them loose quite easily for an all wheel drive, maybe it is the TOD.

Intake is so loud you would think there was a cold air intake located in the dash.

Now I am thinking of a 100 series and that has nothing to power that this has, spoiled myself.......

Did I say it had Recaro seats? sweeeeeet!

How is the Vehi working out? I have always thought these were cool!!!

I drove the piss out of it for 6 months.

Things I learned.

Valve adjustments are NOT cheap and MUST be done, this is why every 3.5 Trooper rattles like it's a diesel.

When the ABS light come on and stays on, it's not cheap either. But I found a used module.

CEL comes on and its a sticky EGR (common) and they are a DELCO part so its cheap from GM. Not so cheap from ISUZU.

Put a taller and tad wider tire on it and it handles 10x better and you forget that its a SUV as I drove it like a Fox body 5.0 and not kidding, I drove the piss out of it.

It sounds like it had a cold air intake as you could hear the intake sucking so hard you swear its under the dash.

The AWD TOD is awesome!

Its very quick! and it will do 100mph

The brakes will let you kiss the windshield

The worst is that it got 12mpg.

Would I buy another one again? YES with out hesitation! If you or anyone else is looking just make note of my findings above.

Shane

I am looking hard for a '00 or '01 100 series with Nav

VX's are cool. Several of my isuzu buddies installed the alpine SC, powermax muffler, and chip. This becomes quite a machine.

here's a cool video with some VX clips/

YouTube - See you in May

hey guys!! i have my 99 silver isuzu for sale...i absolutely love it! it is not customized though but it runs well..has only 118k.. what price range would you suggest?? Thanks!:steer:

nope, it also applies to the 3.2 and the 3.5 as well :cheers:

some vehicles have the tick, others don't...like my Luv for instance, it has the G180Z which is also prone to having the tick...yet mine is one of the quietest I've ever heard

Correct. I had a 3.2 L trooper that was one hell of a truck, except it had ticky lifters. I would use a can of marvel mystery oil in mine every other oil change and that kept it quiet.

I love that thing, its so ugly its cute, sort of like a 40 series cruiser:D
How is it holding up?
I know you said something about the valves?

I love that thing, its so ugly its cute, sort of like a 40 series cruiser:D
How is it holding up?
I know you said something about the valves?

He sold it. I think he says it about 3 posts back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom