Builds Isuzu 4he1 in to 94 fzj80 build . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, I’m really sorry this project went south. Glad you’re sticking with it.

Oh no iam not giveing up iam gona keep it for another build i got a mitsubish comeing with the rite bell and torq converter for my custom aw450

Its out of a 99 fuso f3 with the aw450 so it will bolt rite to my trans no issues. And the starter and oil pan and all that shouldbbe ok then i just have to adres the mounts. I cant remember witch ones @Fromage used but maby sombody knows.

Its out of a 99 fuso f3 with the aw450 so it will bolt rite to my trans no issues. And the starter and oil pan and all that shouldbbe ok then i just have to adres the mounts. I cant remember witch ones @Fromage used but maby sombody knows. Whats heart breaking is i been planning this swap for two years. Amd i serious measured and checked i knew i was going to havw clearance issues but good god not that dam bad. But i will say this for amybody that trys it. If you dont mind a dorky 4 inch body life amd drilling a fire wall hole for your turbo and bashing the bashing the passenger side of the oil pan in 3 inches it will work with a 3 inch lift. But half assing stuff is not how i roll and i love my cruiser .

Ok 4d34-3at3b is on its way . However i believe it has the electronic pump on it so any options on changeing out injection pumps ?? Anybody have any insite on this ?. @Fromage @astr

I’m don’t know anything about the mitsu’s. I think superhatch May have gone from electric to mechanical pump? But I’m not 100%. I’ll see if I can find it.

well from what i can gather the 1at 2 at and 3at use the same bolt pattern and the same gear. however what has me confused is the need for electronics on a p pump . it seems that ether a 2at or 1 at pump is whati need but not for sure
wish i could have just been able to use my isuzu

mechanical throttle and fuel screw is what iam after cuz compushift is building me a trans program for this set up so they will need a mechanical throttle forthe computer to read and it just makes thing so uch simpler so i would rather just buy a full p pump rather than wire a bunch of s***

Hola. So... I don’t know anything about the Mitsu’s, but I read all the Mitsu swap threads I could find on the tail end of our 15 hour drive to NY today. I think this will help you.

Mitsubishi 4D34-2AT3B diesel swap into 96 FZJ80

Yiu prob already read it, but start at post 266 I think. Page 14 if I remember. I think this will cover all you need. And it looks like you can run the AW450 with what you have, changing a few things, and not need to get a compushift. I think you’ll need the earlier ECU or TCM. But this will help I hope. Sorry I can’t actually help.

Question about the Isuzu install.
Why was it so important to have the trans cross member in the original spot?
Why not position the engine, and extend or shorten driveshafts to work with a different trans location.
Reading your posts (from the sidelines) sounds like you've partly tossed it in because of the trans cross member not bolting up.

Well it saves time and money if you can do that and the 4he1s oil pan is to wide to go any farther forward and obvoiusly can bot go back . I have a 3 inch lift on mine and it still wont clear the pinion shaft flange . So even if it fits you have no suspention articulation.

@mudgudgeon trust me i thought about all possablitys before i had no choice but to get te mitsy. now if i wanted a 4 inch body lift and beat the hell out of the oil pan and drill a holt in the passenger fire wall for the turbo i could make it work but i Dont want to beat on it .

The idea for most of us anyway is to engineer literaly an easy nuts and bolts swap with out a bunch of mess or modding . Now if we had decent acess to the jdm diesels and they didnt cost 15k to bring here that would be nice but sence we are the bastards of the epa we got the shaft on that.

Ok update after shippung an emgine across the country and dealing with a bunch of crap. Here she is

20181114_113116.jpg

Now to find a 2at mechanical injection pump for it. Also i called my local fuso dealer witch is 400 miles east of me in omaha . They sent me the proper injection pump timeing and installation procedure via pdf.

20181114_113101.jpg

Update . Timeing cover gaskets and seals are in the way. Holidays are screwing up my time line for this but none the less moveing forward. Have the mitsubishi bellhoyseing and torqconverter inplace and ready.

Update! Have the timeing cover resealed and injection pump should be here tommaro. Trans and ect is ready now just to install the injection pump time it up. Then figure out how to wire a two prong mitsubishi alternator to out three prong lc plug

20181205_093928.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom