Builds Isuzu 4BD1T Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As far as I've read on other therm bypass things, they only bypass 90% when cold, then flow 90ish% when hot. I guess that was what you were feeling when you blew through it.
Thanks
g

Did not get much done today....

Took it for a drive up and down to street too but the freshly rebuild alternator sized, killing the belts and causing my vac assist on my brakes to fail.

Overall the thing was good. Makes a lot more power in 1st than the 1FZ did, felt impressive actually. Need to up the idle as its a bit shaky. I think when the pump was redone they reset it.

Thats it probably till August now. Ill try and get an engine pic once i get back from my week of holidays before i leave on deployment.

...via IH8MUD app

Nice job, congratulation!

On the idle, it's near universal to raise the idle and that it makes these engines much smoother. I know mine did.

Nice to hear it start and drive. Sucks about the alternator. What it the one that came with the engine?

Congrats on the run but sorry to hear about your alternator. Ok so let's remove your front shaft and bake the rear tires off before you park it. I'll bring the bleach!

Hey Jeremy-

Congrats on the first drive! Sorry you have to leave it for a month, but pretty awesome that its running before you leave!

Hey I was reading through some of your old posts...do you happen to remember what the application was for the radiator hoses you ended up using?

Andy

Thanks all, back from a week on the Oregon coast to unwind. In the mean time my dad pulled off the A/C compressor to take the Alternator back and I the process found that the tensioner bracket had stopped the alternator from turning. Once that was moved its all good so no re-rebuild required.

I also picked up my Fox shocks on my way home today.....they look very nice!

Andy Ill post the part numbers I used for all mu hosing heater ect. Once I get my list made up.

...via IH8MUD app

Glad it was just the tensioner!

Thanks for posting up part numbers. I picked up some hoses at Napa that fit pretty good. I'll post part numbers as well. I need to read up to see how you did turbo water lines...I had planned to T into the heater hose but need to find the right fittings.

Great stuff, Jeremy! Glad to read that it's running; that's a lot of work to get there!

:beer:

Great stuff, Jeremy! Glad to read that it's running; that's a lot of work to get there!

:beer:

Thanks, it sure was but it hopefully will be worth it. It took a couple days for it to sink in that it ran and drove. Now I just want to get drivable to point I can get it out on the road for a full test drive and start that engine break-in.

...via IH8MUD app

Well got the alternator reinstalled and hooked up. It works and charges fine. Need to find an OEM style plug for it as I am just using insulated female spade connectors.

I then took it for a drive around the block and was not able to get it to shift in D but shifted fine manually. I then checked and played with the kick down cable was able to get it to shift but very softly so need to play with it a bit more. When l floor it will just stay in 1st off the limiter. So not sure whats going on. No visible smoke at all but I have no idea where my boost or EgT's are at.

I moved onto the tach and got the Dakota digital adapter wired in and the tach to work. So I now have all the factory gauges working, I still need to more accurately program the tach adapter but its working.

I then put a bunch of other stuff back together like the fenders, headlights, hood struts. Also did a bit of work on the suspension in prep for finishing the 4" lift off. Need to get it back on the hoist to get the shocks in. I have lots of work to do inside as well as more to take apart.

Should be a solid 2 weekends of work left once I return.

Don't mind some of the wiring its a bit of a mess still.

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks guys! My dad said if he had not seen it before he would have though it was OEM almost.

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks guys.

When ever I do a swap I try and make it look as OE as possible. Im happy with the results.

Today I am headed to pick up my EBI 3:1 low range equipped Transfer case. I had planed to do it myself and document the install but a couple factors played into it and I needed to get a pro to do it. Firstly time, with working away from home up to 8 months a year now I just have none of it. Second it was showing signs of some internal issues a real bad growl grinding feel turning it by hand. I knew once I got into I would be in over my head and thus spending a lot of time on it (refer back to fist reason). I also drained the high dollar Royal purple synthetic that had been in for 25k kms and it had a look of mercury too it. Ill report once tested how the EBI 3:1 low range gears work once done and I have had them on the trail.

If anyone wants a set be sure to give Steve a call, great cruiser guy with over 20years working specifically on cruisers.

EBI Cruiser Parts
Auto Parts Store
1650 Broadway St, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2M8
(604) 944-0382

Not going to have time before I go to get the t case in but plan to get some more of the small jobs done. One is wire up the VB on the trans so I can test out the converter lock in any gear at any time feature. I also hope to possible get the gauges wired up too so I can see EGT's, boost and trans temp. As well as the shocks and sway bars back in.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom