Builds Isuzu 4BD1T Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's great Jeremy. I'm happy to hear it's been good for you over the winter. Don't sweat the winter milage. My 3B has been horrible on fuel, for a 3B that is, given it takes half of my commute to come up to temp and I'm in lower gears and 4wd so often.

I lost track of your swap and I'm glad the 5.9 is working well!

Thanks guys I own a landscaping business and I have owned several of the NPR's for several years now with the 4bd2t's. I usually have bought them cheap and run them until the jatco tranny fails. We are still running a '96 NPR with the standard transmission. These two engines I now have one started knocking and the other over heated. Ever since I read longbow's conversion I've been wanting to rebuild one and put it in my '72 SOA pig. The ultimate dream would be to put one in our lx 470 but not sure about mating it to the tranny in it. I will definitely be looking for help here!

I love the Isuzu for the refinement and quality well thought out build. My issues where specific to my engine and my rebuild.

It's in the right home now with Greg, I know he is going to have a little monster when it's all sorted.

As for myself I have had 10k kms of trouble free operation from my 6bt/nv4500 swap over the last 8 months. I love my truck again and driving. Average is just over 16mpg with a lot of slow stop and go city and off road milles. Best tank so far was 19.4mpg in the summer on a tank that saw 70% hwy 25% off road low range and 5% city. Nothing like the best tank from the Isuzu but not bad.

19.4mpg isn't shabby! That's better than my 1hz by far. Glad the 6bt is working out for you.

Well Photobucket is a bunch of dicks and is holding people like myself and others posting content in forums for ransom. So instead of giving in and paying $300 per year to "allow" 3rd party posting I'm going to let this die.

If there are any pictures of things you would like please copy them now before they are gone. I refuse to go back and redo all of this.

I hope others have been able to learn and some of this thread was useful.

Well Photobucket is a bunch of dicks and is holding people like myself and others posting content in forums for ransom. So instead of giving in and paying $300 per year to "allow" 3rd party posting I'm going to let this die.

If there are any pictures of things you would like please copy them now before they are gone. I refuse to go back and redo all of this.

I hope others have been able to learn and some of this thread was useful.

So far I’ve saved every image from your 6bt thread and will endeavour to do the same with this thread. Then I will use my super dooper moderator powers to host all the images here and replace them in each post.

I have some time to kill while I’m on nightshift. And your contribution to this site is too important to lose.

So far I’ve saved every image from your 6bt thread and will endeavour to do the same with this thread. Then I will use my super dooper moderator powers to host all the images here and replace them in each post.

I have some time to kill while I’m on nightshift. And your contribution to this site is too important to lose.

Wow! Thank you very much! I felt so bad having to let the pictures die off having see how much it has effected all the forums. Its crazy what they have done I was shocked to see the cost when they sent me the first "reminder of plan change" back then I think it was $300 for the same plan I had that cost me $50. They have since changed again I think the last offer was $99 with half the storage but I just refuse to give them any more of my money.

Again thank you very very much.

Wow! Thank you very much! I felt so bad having to let the pictures die off having see how much it has effected all the forums. Its crazy what they have done I was shocked to see the cost when they sent me the first "reminder of plan change" back then I think it was $300 for the same plan I had that cost me $50. They have since changed again I think the last offer was $99 with half the storage but I just refuse to give them any more of my money.

Again thank you very very much.

Not a problem mate. I’ve saved every photo so far from both threads, now the fun part is changing them all over! That will be on my next block of night shift in 2 weeks. Screw these money hungry bastards!

So... just to clarify. you felt the 6cm housing was better suited vs the 7cm?
I am about to put a 19t setup on mine, but would consider changing out to a 6cm instead of the 7 that came on it.

So feeling quite guilty for taking so long but I’m finally into this swap. Even managed to find a silver lx450 to put it into

58F3B523-6BBA-41D8-B040-F8725AA1DB26.jpeg

So lined up the motor mounts and tacked them in. Then pulled everything out for cleaning and some prettying. I seem to have placed my engine a bit lower than the other swaps but I've got good clearance under the oil pan (1 inch) with the truck sitting on its bump stops with 2" extensions. I'm running a 3" lift. Able to get a finger under the power steering feed pipe. Spacing between the bellhousing bolts and the firewall is ok but a bit tight. Might need to massage room for them or perhaps they will sort it out for themselves. Throttle linkage has over an inch of space. Rotated engine 4degrees to passanger side. Made more room for starter and turbo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So I guess I should back track a bit as I bought Jeremes swap parts including the engine but I decided early to replace the engine with a runner and delay the rebuilt engine tinkering till later. Found one just south of Seattle a few hours away from me and jumped on it. That was 4 years ago. Took it home and it started right up but blew tons of unburnt fuel when reving. I was happy it ran and built great oil pressure. These engine make alot of oil pressure. Fast forward till three weeks ago and I thought I should check the timing on the pump before putting it in the truck. I found that it was set quite advanced. That was a bit worry some considering it ran like it was retarded.
image.jpeg

So if at all possible, I recomend adjusting the injection pump timing with the engine out of the truck. It wasn't super fun. One bolt you have to loosen on that injection pump to adjust timing is not my bestest friend. I lined up the hatch marks so they were even. So I thought I should pop the timing cover off the engine and reset the gears so I'd have some confidence that at least that would be accurate. I didn't rotate the engine a hundred million times to see if it was out a tooth but I highly suspect it. Took the idler out, lined them up and put em back together. Is it just me or is lining up letters on gears not overly complicated? Why is it so many folks get it wrong. Nice thing is nothing showed any weird wear.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom