Issues with pedal feel and gears slipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I'm new here so apologies of I'm posting in the wrong forum or anything.

I'm having some issues with my fj80, she's been my daily driver for a while and yesterday I noticed an issue with my accelerator pedal feel and upshifts and downshifts.

My accelerator pedal is usually quite stiff and requires a fair amount of pressure to push regardless of which gear I'm in, recently pedal feels much lighter/softer after shifting out of 1st gear into 2nd, downshifting seems delayed and revs are being pushed when changing into 3rd. I hope this is all making sense, I just did a full atf swap as well as cleaning of the gearbox oil and filter. Drained and filled new diff oil in an attempt to remedy the situation but no luck. Could it be something simple like the KDC? Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Throttle cables are known to go bad, which will result in a stiff throttle pedal. But with what you describe, sure sounds like the kick down cable broke or detached.

Throttle cable.

And perhaps KDC too.

Throttle cables are known to go bad, which will result in a stiff throttle pedal. But with what you describe, sure sounds like the kick down cable broke or detached.

Thanks guys, KDC was sticking sorted it out with a fair amount of WD40 and some atf on the cable to lubricate it. Thanks for all the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom