Issues with differential locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t think the ABS has anything to do with the lockers other than ABS does not work when the lockers are engaged. Everything to do with ABS has been removed from my Truck and the lockers work fine.

Congrats on this!
On the other...if the lockers are engaging and you can confirm that, I'd say you have a burned out bulb. Don't think the lockers would engage if the ABS was not getting the proper signal.
Locking the center differential with the button (if equipped), or shifting the transfer case into 4-Lo disables the ABS.

To check to see if the bulb is burned out, watch for the ABS light when turning on the ignition.

Locking the center differential with the button (if equipped), or shifting the transfer case into 4-Lo disables the ABS.

To check to see if the bulb is burned out, watch for the ABS light when turning on the ignition.
Right...so if she shifts to 4Lo and can engage lockers and still has no ABS light,, then the ABS light is likely burned out.
If the light was good, and in 4Lo the lockers don't lock and there is no ABS light (among other things), then the issue lies in the switch at the t-case. No lockers and no ABS light. No they aren't directly related, but a failure in one can be discerned by a failure with the other.

I don’t think the ABS has anything to do with the lockers other than ABS does not work when the lockers are engaged. Everything to do with ABS has been removed from my Truck and the lockers work fine.
Presumably your ABS light stays on all the time now, or you've disabled it?

Presumably your ABS light stays on all the time now, or you've disabled it?
Disabled. With the age of these truck the ABS just doesn’t work as intended. My Brakes work so much better now

No. No. You are replacing the wrong switch.
The center diff lock low range indicator switch is on the front side of the transfer case. It is above the front driveshaft output. Kinda hard to see and access. A good picture can be found here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_4070-jpg.1139366/

I made this exact mistake with the same symptoms as OP. ( I changed the one on drivers instead; that one is the low range engagement sensor and tells the center diff lock to engage). Changing the one on the front off the T-case made my lockers "see" the center diff lock was engaged and they would then lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom