Issues with climate control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2020 LC heritage and the issue I'm having is the climate control shuts down when you turn the car off. I have to re-start it each time I start the vehicle, and it defaults to 75 degrees. I have had it to the dealership a couple of times and they tell me it's not happening, or that it's some ridiculous fix where they have to tear out the entire console and the guy told me it would be about 8K. Another theory he had was it has something to do with the sensors in the doors. They definitely drop in language when talking to me that they obviously think I'm an idiot and making stuff up, which I think is their way of turning it on me because they have no idea. The climate control will stay on if you shut off and turn on the engine and it doesn't sit for long, so they really don't get a chance to see it. I found something online that it might have to do with the installation of the air filter. The dealership guy told me that was stupid. Any thoughts on what's causing this? It's not the end of the world, just super annoying and I've spent a lot of time with no luck trying to figure it out.

Sounds like one of your servos may be bad not allowing the system to initialize correctly. Dealer should be able to hook up to techstream and re-initialize system or initialize each servo and find the culprit and replace it. A simple re-initialization through techstream may even fix it.

You may be able to find the bad servo yourself by cycling through the system while looking for a vent that is not blowing correctly by volume or temp. Then you could fix it yourself. Otherwise, I'd find a dealer to do the above for the troubleshooting flat cost. Should be less than $100 to hook it up to the computer.

I would start by making sure your recirc damper isn't broken, search that on here.

Well first, find another dealer! What awful customer treatment.

There are other threads on here about this issue. One thing to check is to make sure the cabin air filter is installed correctly and the door mechanism that changes from fresh to recirculate is operating correctly. Put the HVAC system in recirculate and open the access door behind the glove box. Then watch the internal door that moves when you change from recirculate to fresh. If it doesn't close/open properly, someone has damaged the mechanism by forcefully moving the door by hand. If the door moves ok, check to make sure the filter is seated correctly.

If you don’t already know, any time you bring your cruiser to the dealer lock the glove box and keep the key blade with you. That is the only way to be sure they won’t break your recirc door.

That said, I agree with sandroad. Verify proper recirc door operation. Many are broken by dealers and it can cause all kinds of odd behavior.

Well first, find another dealer! What awful customer treatment.

There are other threads on here about this issue. One thing to check is to make sure the cabin air filter is installed correctly and the door mechanism that changes from fresh to recirculate is operating correctly. Put the HVAC system in recirculate and open the access door behind the glove box. Then watch the internal door that moves when you change from recirculate to fresh. If it doesn't close/open properly, someone has damaged the mechanism by forcefully moving the door by hand. If the door moves ok, check to make sure the filter is seated correctly.
Agreed 100%. Mine did the same thing and found it was the recirc door not operating properly due to a cabin filter being improperly installed. 2 mins later.....all good! Good luck.

Thanks to all for the replies. I only have one dealer where I live within 100 miles so we’ll try again. This info will help. The guy said they don’t see many LCs and they are much more like a Lexus (no Lexus dealer in town). My impression is he’s just making things up. I may just have to make the drive to another dealer.

Thanks to all for the replies. I only have one dealer where I live within 100 miles so we’ll try again. This info will help. The guy said they don’t see many LCs and they are much more like a Lexus (no Lexus dealer in town). My impression is he’s just making things up. I may just have to make the drive to another dealer.
Have you checked the recirc flap yourself? If not it is really easy and would take about a minute and a half.

Looks like some basic LC problem since my 2008 does exactly the same just in Celsius…. 24C on every start. Should maybe fix my recirc door

Just following up on this. I did check the recirc flap and it was not working. I took a youtube video into the dealer and showed him how it didn't work. They didn't admit fault but fixed it for $150 for labor and did not charge for parts. I'll be locking my glove box from now on. Everything working well now.

Glad you got this issue sorted out. I avoid dealers with the exception of warranty work.

Just following up on this. I did check the recirc flap and it was not working. I took a youtube video into the dealer and showed him how it didn't work. They didn't admit fault but fixed it for $150 for labor and did not charge for parts. I'll be locking my glove box from now on. Everything working well now.
Completely f-d up that they charged you anything. Glad you got it fixed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom