Issue with airing down E rated tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've never seen any tire manufacturer documentation that allowed "airing down."
I get what you're saying but that wasn't my question, I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with e rated tires or Cooper's in general.
Either way the tire shop made good and Cooper advised the dot date was on the whitewall side. Thank you for everyone's feed back.

I don't think you did.... but I'm saying, if you were to tell the shop you were driving around on 20psi, any manufacturer can say it was your fault for driving around under inflated. But good on Cooper for taking care of it.

I get ya now.

I have E rated tires and those should NOT be driven below 35 PSI because the plies inside can bend and twist and could break! I've been told by my local Discount tire store to keep the pressure at least 35 PSI. Vehicle place card says 29 PSI so running 35 is not ideal but have to do to keep the tire healthy.

I run them daily at 38-40, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks

Good on Cooper for taking care of you. I was pleased with the set that came on my LX, but have bought Michelin/BFG when spending own money. Taking care of customers goes a long way with me - I'll definitely give Cooper a harder look next time based on this.

Big fan of my Coopers so far. Close to, if not over 40k miles, tons of tread left. I normally run 38 on the road and 18 on the trails, great success.

They do ride like s*** though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom