ISO specific 1966 FJ 40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

inkpot

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy! Trying to help a family friend relocate a rig that belonged to his father many years ago. It did have some rather unique features, so maybe one of you may be familiar with this 40.
He lost track of it when it was sold in the mid 1990s in Prescott, Az. It was originally red, but by the time it was sold, it was white. It had a carbed big block Ford, 390-426, in front of a Ford top loader 4 speed. The wheelbase was extended several inches at both ends. It had Saginaw power steering. It had been set up with a spring over axle layout including the rear shock towers were sticking up thru the floor/fenders. It had a winch style front bumper, but instead of a winch, it had a tool box build into it. Still working with other family members to see if anyone remembers what top, if any, was on it and if it had lockers. If I get more info I will post it up. Thanks, John

Howdy! Trying to help a family friend relocate a rig that belonged to his father many years ago. It did have some rather unique features, so maybe one of you may be familiar with this 40.
He lost track of it when it was sold in the mid 1990s in Prescott, Az. It was originally red, but by the time it was sold, it was white. It had a carbed big block Ford, 390-426, in front of a Ford top loader 4 speed. The wheelbase was extended several inches at both ends. It had Saginaw power steering. It had been set up with a spring over axle layout including the rear shock towers were sticking up thru the floor/fenders. It had a winch style front bumper, but instead of a winch, it had a tool box build into it. Still working with other family members to see if anyone remembers what top, if any, was on it and if it had lockers. If I get more info I will post it up. Thanks, John
Come on folks, somebody must have seen this oddball somewhere?

In trolling Mud for 15-odd years, I don't recall ever hearing of a big block Ford conversion FJ40.

It is, or was, a bit of a rare bird, so that's why I thought it might of been noticed by a Mud member over the years. I know that it may be NOTHING like it was back then, but I am compelled to make the effort.

Come on folks, somebody must have seen this oddball somewhere?

It was so long ago perhaps it was purchased and it no longer is an oddball. Seems people buy these and sometime redo them to fit themselves.

It was so long ago perhaps it was purchased and it no longer is an oddball. Seems people buy these and sometime redo them to fit themselves.

Frame/suspension was heavily modified, so I dont think anyone would try to take it back to stock OEM, but anything is possible with enuff cubic $$$. And, it could be a Chevy small block on 4 links holding Dana 60s for a rock crawler by now. Just hoping somone remembers enuff of its history to make the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom