VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted. Sent to me. Might be worth something to someone.
30802ACC-AC41-4277-8A37-43F898C98961.jpeg

Well, with a heavy heart, my 1990 LJ78 land cruiser Prado SX5 is officially for sale, and now as a bit of a project. The rear right caliper was having issues and just went and started losing fluid. On the up side, i've got replacement rear calipers to go along with it. It has a leak on startup in the fuel pump, looks to be coming from the nut on the top of the pump so might not even need to take the pump out to fix that, should just need a new O ring.

unfortunately I don't have the time, space or money to do the work, and I start a new job this week so I need a reliable car immediately.

It will need to be towed since the brake is leaking, but other than the fuel leak on startup and the rear brakes, it's running great. New fuel filter primer pump, radiator, thermostat as of a year and a half ago, oil change done 2000km ago, new battery last year, and I've got a 30 watt solar panel with a charge controller hooked up to it.

Asking $8,000 for it

Will be cleaning out the Land Cruiser and posting pictures of it as soon as possible.

If you're interested email me at brennanbarnard1991@gmail.com

Last edited:
Looking for the pieces from a 40 hard top that go above the front doors.

I think they call them door header channels? Don't think year matters.

In case anyone has a rotten old hardtop kicking around.

Found this thread in 80’s forum. Cool ideas for upgrading wagons or 40’s for storage. Lots of different ideas.

When I sold my spare hardtop panels years ago I left the hatch striker blocks on them. Before I get creative and make some, does anyone have spare strikers for a +/- 1974 Fj40 hatch?

If not… Delrin it’ll be

Seeing this pic in another thread reminds me that one of my W / M springs that push the pads apart got trashed. Mine is a ‘76ish vented rotor. Anyone have an extra kicking around?

I suspect a brake hardware kit would have them if I could find one at the auto parts store. Toyota would undone have them if I could provide them a VIN… but my VIN had 4 wheel drums.

2F39A657-3325-488E-BC79-1F0F6130BC03.png

Never had/bothered with them
View attachment 3106740
Always seem to get them with new pads. I probably have a bunch, not that they do much. I have bought a hardware kit in the past because I needed the pins. Pretty sure it had the springs and clips too.

I have a few dozen rattles between me and my brakes that are more noticeable.

Probably should get new pins since the others were getting a bit crusty… which is when I discovered the worn through anti rattle springs. Perhaps I should just get a hardware kit one of these days… if I can find one to throw in with my Rock Auto order or something.

Probably gone by the time anyone reads this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom