ISO 95+ Project 80, south Texas area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Howdy all,

Searching for a 1995+ 80 that needs some love. Couple ideals:
Original paint, even if all the clear coat is flaking and gone. I'm really not a fan of poor resprays or bed liner. Only color I'm not interested in is gold/champagne.
Complete and original interior. Expecting torn leather, dirty carpet, etc. Preferably original head unit/speakers.
Driveline mechanically solid. I'm already expecting to go through the axles, seals, hoses, etc. Don't think I'd want to take on a upper end rebuild, at least not within the first ~6 months of ownership.
Pretty much looking for worn but not abused.

Budget is up to low teens.
Located in San Antonio. Willing to travel between Arizona/Florida and just below the rust belt latitude-wise.

Update: Ended up with a v8 4runner. Currently cleaning it up and changing some things. Might be interested in a trade for an 80 in the future, feel free to reach out.
View attachment 3266474

Last edited:
Howdy all,

Searching for a 1995+ 80 that needs some love. Couple ideals:
Original paint, even if all the clear coat is flaking and gone. I'm really not a fan of poor resprays or bed liner. Only color I'm not interested in is gold/champagne.
Complete and original interior. Expecting torn leather, dirty carpet, etc. Preferably original head unit/speakers.
Driveline mechanically solid. I'm already expecting to go through the axles, seals, hoses, etc. Don't think I'd want to take on a upper end rebuild, at least not within the first ~6 months of ownership.
Pretty much looking for worn but not abused.

Budget is up to low teens.
Located in San Antonio. Willing to travel between Arizona/Florida and just below the rust belt latitude-wise.
FJ80's rock!! Good luck. You should be able to find something around that price.

FJ80's rock!! Good luck. You should be able to find something around that price.
Thanks. Unfortunately I sold my first 80 july last year to keep the newer 200. Haven't been able to shake off the 80 itch since. Guy who bought it has put 8000 miles on it so far.

Thanks. Unfortunately I sold my first 80 july last year to keep the newer 200. Haven't been able to shake off the 80 itch since. Guy who bought it has put 8000 miles on it so far.
That is pretty sweet!! I have a FJ60 I sold a few years back that I wish I still had.

I have a couple. Both all original, rust free examples from the south. Both run and drive, but wouldn't drive to Texas. Both currently located in Nashville, TN, but am planning on bringing one down to Jacksonville Florida next weekend.

#1: 1996 Black 150k miles, 3x locked. Tan interior which needs seat leather, but not wheel or shifter. Needs what I believe to be an A/C compressor, and a complete baselining. Paint is about a 5/10. Lockers work fine. Small dents in upper clamshell and rear bumper, but all VINs are present on all panels. $11k.

#2: 1997 Maroon: 310k miles, not locked. Needs all leather replaced + complete baselining, to include brake booster. Paint 5/10. No accidents. $5k.

I'm in Florida currently, but can get you some pictures next weekend if youre interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom