ISO: 100 series wheel(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Desert Cruisers,

I know i'm not the most active here, but I am in somewhat urgent need of help to find a new wheel option for me. I just got back from a trip up into the Sangre de Cristos where I ended up bending a rim on my 03 LX470 100 series around Greenie Peak, just north of Red River NM. I didn't know these things could bend, but it's good to know the wheel is the first thing to bend, not my truck :) It was my fault for not being aired down and missing the ledge at dusk.

IMG_20200621_112525.jpg

The tire didn't go flat, it was only after I aired down to go up to Goose Lake that I noticed the carnage. Interestingly enough, if I inlfate >30psi, the bead still holds! But I do NOT want to trust that. I have a month-long western trip planned starting July 3rd, which will take me to visit family up on Montana. That means I need a replacement wheel or a new set of wheels ASAP!

Opt1: Does anyone have a spare 18" wheel from a 100 series LX or Land Cruiser? I'd mount my mostly-worn 270/70R18 Duratrac on that and be good to go. I don't care what it looks like so long as it works and is less-bent than my current situation :)

My Duratracs are getting worn and only have <10k miles left in them. I am considering downsizing to 16s or 17s and getting new tires as well. I bent an 18" wheel, so more tire/sidewall is probably wise. 🤣

Opt2: Does anyone have a full set (5) of 16" (preferred?) or 17" wheels for a 100 series? I'd like to get a new set powder coated before mounting on new tires, so I'd need to get these very soon. The Tundra 17" TRD Rock warriors looks very nice, but I can't find a full set of 5 anywhere, let alone for under 2k :(

Opt3: I either buy a new wheel from the stealership or by a crap set of wheels from Discount. Opt3 sucks :(

Please let me know if you have any spare wheels lying around for a 100 series that could help, and what $$ you'd want. Again, I need to be heading north by July 3rd, so my time is limited

And for gravy - a pic of the rig near Greenie Peak

IMG_20200620_134058.jpg

I've only got one 16" spare wheel for my 99 LC and its purpose is to be a backup in case of this exact situation. I see stuff on Craigslist for LC and Tundra fairly often.

Meh, i'd just bend it back with a heavy mallet. 'Tis but a wound :)

Update - @Mauser had the perfect spare wheel, discount was able to mount it quickly, and I've now plasti-diped to match. So happy to have this group, thank you!!!

IMG_20200624_082647.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom