Island Rock Crawlers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Headed down to Vic for the IRC gathering, food and band.

Thanks to Cam, Nigel for giving us a ride down to the party.

No run was held but it was good to meet the group, Chet, Rob, Dave and others.

JayBob and me took the long way out to Duncan, back through Renfrew, spectacular rain forest back there. We kept out eyes peeled for roads and managed to see quite a few, we might take a weekend and some camping gear and go explore that area.

Jay tried ralley driving the 40 and it looked kinda like a weebles wobbles through the corners, he got the body to roll pretty bad in one corner pretty sure he stained his undies....;p

Any other ideas about possible trails around Shawnigan Duncan area as that is a good central area?:hmm:

Rob
Renfrew 005.jpg

Renfrew 029.jpg

Renfrew 017.jpg

Last edited:
good to see you guys. huge potential for exploring all around that area. I would like to string a trail sooke right through to nanaimo. I know most of the route already.

good to see you guys. huge potential for exploring all around that area. I would like to string a trail sooke right through to nanaimo. I know most of the route already.

Totally be up for that. :beer:

If we do organize a trip for that area we would have to do an early start. It took ruffly 2hrs from my place which is downtown to an area after Shirley. So I would say an 800 start from A&W, rolling at 830, would be best on a sat.

It's funny , the wife and I decided to go for bit of a drive last winter, and thought we'd take the back road out to renfrew from this end. ( Lake Cowichan)

We didn't get that far, it turned into an icy luge track pretty quick...was brutal

The wheel ruts were full of ice you couln't even stand up on, and the mounds of snow between were such rock hard frozen s*** it sounded like we were grinding the bottom of the crv off...

Was like being on that disney land ride in the little car that bounces between the rails.

Figgered we'd get high centered at some point, or f something up on the honda so we turned around.
Intended to try again, but then kinda forgot about it.

But yeah, that would be a fun trip. I may actually have a functioning suspension on my truck soon. I'm going to need to take it on a good backroad shakedown pound to loosen things up...:grinpimp:

It's funny , the wife and I decided to go for bit of a drive last winter, and thought we'd take the back road out to renfrew from this end. ( Lake Cowichan)

We didn't get that far, it turned into an icy luge track pretty quick...was brutal

The wheel ruts were full of ice you couln't even stand up on, and the mounds of snow between were such rock hard frozen s*** it sounded like we were grinding the bottom of the crv off...

Was like being on that disney land ride in the little car that bounces between the rails.

Figgered we'd get high centered at some point, or f something up on the honda so we turned around.
Intended to try again, but then kinda forgot about it.

But yeah, that would be a fun trip. I may actually have a functioning suspension on my truck soon. I'm going to need to take it on a good backroad shakedown pound to loosen things up...:grinpimp:

Yep,,my little runner with 260 miles on the suspension was suffering badly, lots of bottoming out in the rear....:beer:

Yep,,my little runner with 260 miles on the suspension was suffering badly, lots of bottoming out in the rear....:beer:

Yeah, now that I'm not worried about the leaves in my truck breaking in half and my axle ending up in the back seat I'm more inclined to take the scenic route again.:lol:

I was just out to renfrew a couple weeks ago and was sad not to have my cruiser. It would be great to do a weekend out there camping and wheeling. There is lots of old rail grade and little roads around, there is a rail grade marked on the backroad map going up the back side of creek (Harris?) by 9 mile junction.

I was just out to renfrew a couple weeks ago and was sad not to have my cruiser. It would be great to do a weekend out there camping and wheeling. There is lots of old rail grade and little roads around, there is a rail grade marked on the backroad map going up the back side of creek (Harris?) by 9 mile junction.

Sounds like a great run, worth the drive?

Not sure, I'd like to do some scouting next summer. Wouldn't want to take a group out there until we know for sure.

Ryan is never going to agree to come wheelin again...... Jay and I ruined it. :bang:

I am proud of you my son,looks like you used everything but the elastic on your stained boxer shorts to fix that rag joint.

I am proud of you my son,looks like you used everything but the elastic on your stained boxer shorts to fix that rag joint.

Yeah, it's actually better now than it ever was before the amsteel repair...:lol:

Ordered a new rag joint anyways tho, just so I have more than one " put it back together " option once I've taken it apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom