ISIM74 and Lost Head Unit Bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is for a 2007.

Has anyone installed the iSimple ISIM74 and had any luck? I tried installing it this afternoon but did not have any success. The only 12 pin bracket that I saw ended up being the connection for the DVD changer, not the SAT radio bracket. Which bracket in the back of the head unit is for the Satellite radio?

While I was doing this, my Dad who was helping me dropped one of the bolts used for securing the head unit behind the dash. It fell in front of the air vent but behind the dash support piece and fell what probably is behind the ashtray/cigarette lighter piece. It fell on a metal plate of some kind, due to the sound it made, but I cannot find it. Any ideas of where to look to find it? Does anyone have the OEM part number for that bolt (the 4 bolts securing the head unit to the dash) if I end up just having to replace it?

Thank you very much!

one of those flexible magnet on a stick works for that. use your hand when they are close to coming out, and insert by hand. If we are talking about the 4 main bolts that are kind of long that hold the whole center assembly in place. 5539460010

I'd simply pull one of the other bolts, stop by your local hardware store and match the ufo bolt...for this application you definitely do NOT need an oem bolt. ;)

I ended up being able to get the bolt with a magnet. It was deep in there and I could hear it rattle as I was driving so I definitely wanted to get it out.

Also, do not be fooled by the name "iSimple". Their instruction manual was not good, the one on the website was a few years newer, and Crutchfield help is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom