Is your 100 your favorite vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
EC05E6BA-C5B6-4A35-95EC-ABCE043B8C9A.jpeg
I was washing my LX last night and was thinking about all the other vehicles I've owned. Had a lot of big lifted JKs, every SRT vehicle except the Crossfire, big power turbo vehicles, trucks....a lot of different types. As far as big trucks/off road/SUVs, this is by far my favorite one. It's fun to work on. extremely versatile and seems like its gonna go forever. I'm honestly looking forward to doing the diff drop and part time conversion next week!

Anyone else enjoy theirs as much as I do mine?

Favorite SUV, yes

29458192467_18e46a9532_b.jpg

Fav car, gotta go to this 650hp/750tq V12 Twin Turbo Benz

42273291094_1b3a1d668e_b.jpg

Basically i own the most reliable vehicle ever built, as well as the least reliable vehicle ever built.

My commute is 26 miles each way to work, which one i take depends on the weather.

the 100 is pefect for someone who wants to camp and wheel but only has 1 car. It can do it all.

Last edited:
482 horse SRT.......Neon() was a blast.
Reg cab turbo Tacoma was fun. But this combo was the most fun. Launch edition Viper and a blown SRT8 300.

0753CBB0-7980-4B37-9100-7805284721FC.png

Overall favorite - 2000 Land Cruiser
Tow Vehicle - 1996 Chevy Suburban, did 6000 miles in 15 days this summer, has some of the best seats for long drives.
Sports car - I miss the two Porsche 914 I owned.

Wife says I have to quit trying to drive the Cruiser like a 914. She doesn't buy my contention that the VSC buzzer goes off because the sensor is bad. :grinpimp:

Favorite SUV I have owned, yes, no question. Favorite car would be a tie with my BMW E30 5-spd. I should never have sold that car.

Favorite SUV, yes

Fav car, gotta go to this 650hp/750tq V12 Twin Turbo Benz

42273291094_1b3a1d668e_b.jpg

Basically i own the most reliable vehicle ever built, as well as the least reliable vehicle ever built.

My commute is 26 miles each way to work, which one i take depends on the weather.

But, oh GOD, that Merc is a MONSTER! My neighbor has one and we take it to COTA periodically. It absolutely tears that track apart and has one of the most beautiful exhaust notes ever.

Favorite truck by far. Not even close. My favorite car ever was my '88 Toyota Supra Turbo. Absolutely loved that car.

No.

My 1985 MB 300D is the ugliest, slowest, least cool car I've ever owned, but I love it. I paid $1,500 for it as an interim car while I was shopping for an E55 AMG. I bought the AMG, and have since sold it. I've also owned 3-4 other cars in the same span since buying the 300 that have come and gone. I love it much so much that I've just sunk an exorbitant amount of money into the car to keep it strong for another 30 years. I've had some really cool cars, but none have been so popular with other people. I literally get chased down on a regular basis on the street for people to give thumbs up, wave, smile, etc. Everyone sees it and wants to share a story of when they had one back in the day and how much they loved it.

IMG_20150202_175821.jpg

Yes, I can't stop smiling or praising this rig to anyone and everyone who will listen. I love telling people how the ride reminds me of an older Rolls-Royce as does the silence, tall driving position, and overall feeling of solidity of every switch, button, and interface.

I'll keep with the Benz-centric theme of this thread and say that my second fav vehicle (which I currently own but recently listed for sale) is this one, my 1962 220se. Am I noticing a theme between owners of 100-series and Mercedes-Benz, something about engineering and build quality?

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.30.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.20.04 AM.png

Last edited:
No.
I literally get chased down on a regular basis on the street for people to give thumbs up, wave, smile, etc. Everyone sees it and wants to share a story of when they had one back in the day and how much they loved it.

One of our local MB indie shops uses these old diesels as their loaner cars, it's always so much fun and such a joy to slide behind the wheel of one of these, wait for the glow plugs to ready themselves, and putter around (slowly) in the rain. Something that shouldn't be any fun whatsoever is somehow a magical experience in a W123. This may be the closest analog to a Land Cruisier in sedan form.

It’s a love/hate relationship right now. It wouldn’t be so bad if I had a second car so I can wrench on it and not stress about getting it running quickly.

Favorite SUV, yes. Favorite car all time is the 73 911S I’ve owned for 15 years. Lots of cars come and go but the silver 73S is part of the family.

This is my all time dream car and the plan is to downsize to one of these one day. Yours is one of the nicest I have seen. Simply beautiful... thanks for sharing.

Until then... my favorite vehicle right now has to be my Jeep TJ. I love owning the Land Cruiser but I bought it used and have only owned it for a year. My TJ I bought with 7 miles on the odometer and the one I am still pouring money into. But the Land Cruiser is quickly catching up and getting most of the miles these days.

I love telling people how the ride reminds me of an older Rolls-Royce as does the silence, tall driving position, and overall feeling of solidity of every switch, button, and interface.

You summarized my feelings about the LX exactly. I have torn down so many various bits on so many various cars during my life and this is one of the most well-constructed I've come across. I took it to one of my most discerning friends (the kind of guy who has owned multiple vintage Mercs, Volvos, BMWs and more) who has never sat in one of the cars and I let him drive/critique the s***e out of it. He barely had any words, just kind of shook his head in mild disbelief, nodded his head, and threw his hands up halfway as if to say "I can't find a damn thing wrong with this at all".

I loved my extremely old BMWs due to their raw/basic sporting perfection, though. You could easily kill yourself in one of those cars, but there was nothing that separated the driver from the road. Those cars were amazing.

Edit: My wife's Accord has very low mileage and is 4 years old - it never, ever had a problem of any kind. Having a perfectly reliable car on hand I think is a prerequisite for having any 17-year-old car regardless of make. My job also allows me to work from home. The 100 is my daily driver, but my life circumstances do make it easier to own this car than it might be for other people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom