Is you pass. seat more comfortable?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

offroadkid

GOLD Star
Threads
On a recent trip home from the bay area (about a 2.5 hr drive) I was tired so the wife drove our 97 home. Instantly I noticed how much more comfortable the passenger seat was compared to the driver's seat, which I'm always in. It felt so firm, and taller than the driver's seat, almost like riding in a new Cruiser!!

Has anyone else sat in their passenger seat and noticed the difference? Am I the only one who noticed this? After 190K, it must have lost it's shape. It's crazy how much better it feels. I might have to order a new back and bottom cushion to replace the old. I've done it at work before on customers cars, so I know it can be done. I've got the hog-ring pliers!!

Go sit on your passenger seat, and see the difference, (unless it's too cold!) Tell me it doesn't feel better!!:D

Mine is the same way. The passenger seat is like brand new. The back seats in mine are perfect in every way too. The back seats had never been sat in by the previous owners and the leather still looks brand new. I would be curious to see if you can get new foam from the dealer though and what the price would be.

yes the PO of my 80 must have sat on the outer edge becuase that part is all deformed,

I got some used parts to fix it, gonna hold off on installign them as long as I can stand it.

Sometimes I sit in the passenger seat, close my eyes, and pretend it's someone else's Cruiser.

I call it a "stranger".

;)

That's good to hear!! I want some new cushion. It can't be that expensive, or can it?!!

I can't stand the passenger seat, my head hits the ceiling and there is less legroom

I find it much easier to sleep in the passenger seat....My wife never lets me sleep when I'm driving. My driver's seat is ripped and beat up compared to the pass seat....

The foam in the the door-side of my driver's seat is all broken-down--presumably from climbing in and out since 1993. It would be cool if there was an easy and affordable way to fix it.

Hayes

Brother Rob checked and the seat cushion pad is $135. He pulled the cover off and rebuilt his with some closed cell foam and spray adhesive, glued the foam in and carved it to shape with a knife. Looks and feels much better. He said something about the control switches being suported by thin rods that cut into the foam, then the foam stays sagged on that side. He wrapped the rods with thick high density weather strip tape, carved the foam to fit and glued it to the weather strip tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom