Is welding legal within city limits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better safe than sorry.

I live close to the University of Arizona in the heart of the Tucson. I'm getting ready to install a steel fence around the front of my property and have been looking into the safety issues. I've come to the conclusion that I need to use a couple of welding curtains to block the ability of anyone seeing the arc from the street. In this day and age you do not know when someone will sue for supposed damage to their eyes. I just do not want to deal with the expense of defending myself from a lawsuit from an individual that does not want to work for a living.

yeah, cause looking at a blazing planet 110 times the size of our own is just the very same as looking at a manmade arc that is smaller than your pinky finger nail.
it's also not cool to look at the sun through the same lense you use to weld.
the'res only a slight difference in the intensity of the light generated between those two, what with one being a man made ''spark'' and the othe r being an atomic reaction..:rolleyes:
Well, that man made arc is still creating UV rays which are not filtered out by the earths atmosphere. Kinda like a really bad sunburn in 10 mins from a tanning booth. Just because it is small, does not mean it is not dangerous. You ever get a welding sunburn?? ;)

I always understood it to be more like 30 meters (75') but either way. It is better to be safe than sorry..

I always understood it to be more like 30 meters (75') but either way. It is better to be safe than sorry..

that could very well be the case.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom