is this where i say hello? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello nice folks of the LC persuasion.
i just bought a 96 with 150ish, its white with a blue cloth interior.
no lockers but honestly i would never use them.
really wanted an urban assault vehicle for my wife and myself that could also double as a long distance moped hauler for when i visit my moped buddies.
started looking around and settled on either an LC or a ford bronco.

now hear me out.
a bronco, i could take the top off, its a convertible, but also 4x4 and can hold mopeds and their drivetrains are fairly reliable. and they look hilariously awesome. i digress.

anyway, i'm in cleveland ohio and i have NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. pretty sure i need an alignment if not some front end work since it has a slight shimmy at 80 mph and the front right tire is unevenly worn T_T. was wondering if there were any cleveland area shops or mechanics that you could recommend? really would love to meet an LC expert and have them tell me what they think it needs.. i hear the "phh" needs to be taken care of? i got turned onto this forum by a guy in columbus who had already sold his LC but still took the time to let me know a few things i should be looking at when i look at one...

wow long winded. ONTO A PIC. i'll take more tomorrow.
599624_3713090058814_1022543700_33318630_2132434171_n.jpg

put 50 miles on it today AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH. feels like it makes the earth move for you or something. perfect for the horrible potholes of cleveland.

:cheers: and welcome :flipoff2:

Hope into the club house section and see if there is a local club nearby. Its a good start, and for a mechanic I know its a 80 but the 60s section has a recommend a mechanic in your area thread, its a sticky.

Welcome to mud and the insanity that follows becoming a Land Cruiser owner.

You should make an introduction over here; 80-Series Tech and check out the FAQ threads at the top.

FYI, the symptoms you describe may be failed trunnion bearings.

Looks like a good start to a new obsession.
Welcome to Mud!!

:flipoff2: Welcome!!!! Go ahead and hook up the funnel to pour all your money into upgrades for her. White 80's are best :beer:

:zilla::zilla: welcome to the obsession

:flush::flush::flush: thats all your money going into the FJ80. money pits. gotta love it

Don't fool yourself, you'll be ordering a lift, winch, armor etc. in no time. Embrace it, you'r with family now ! $$$$$$$:beer::beer:

Hey, I got my FJ80 05/14/2012. I'm so happy. I joined iH8MUD soon after. I still haven't got the answers I'm looking fir...
1) It has stickers saying it's a 40th Anniversary limited edition. But there's NO lockers, No inside switch. Just the High , Low shifter. Asked Toyota Stealer and they couldn't answer ANY of my questions...

I remember this thing, it was at Bowlings Used Cars in Ohio. Somebody here did a whole PPI on it and posted it somewhere here on mud. If you can find it, then it should save you some time on what needs to be addressed.

Hey, I got my FJ80 05/14/2012. I'm so happy. I joined iH8MUD soon after. I still haven't got the answers I'm looking fir...
1) It has stickers saying it's a 40th Anniversary limited edition. But there's NO lockers, No inside switch. Just the High , Low shifter. Asked Toyota Stealer and they couldn't answer ANY of my questions...

Dont quote me but while most 40ths got lockers it was still a option... so there are some without.

Heh-heh-heh.

Moped.

It's like a dinghy for an 80.

Welcome:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom