Is this too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If not, what is a good price to offer
2002 LX470 with 143k miles

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Living in the northeast, I’ve seen significantly worse. If the price is right, it can be cleaned up and coated so it won’t spreas nearly as fast. Personally, I would pass on it. Also take a look at the third picture. It looks like there could be a potential leak from the steering rack.

Yeah thats a lot of rust. Wow...but if its a Northern car thats what you are going to get. But get it for a better price and you should be good.

I see you are located in Canada. Not sure where. But this is pretty typical for Ontario. If the price is right, I would just buy it and set aside some $'s for repairs. Make sure the body is OK. Especially the tailgate.

If you find a rust-free one and want to keep it that way, you could not use it as a DD in this part of the country. Especially with the brine solutions they are using now to treat the roads.

Last edited:
Drop the spare and look above it, especially back by bumper. That's where mine is really bad. I didn't look up there until after I bought mine. I'm still happy with it because I got it for fairly cheap tho

Looks okay to me, but I live in Wisconsin. I had to replace my front skid and the gas tank skid as they made swiss cheese look structural in comparison. Thankfully my body was very clean. Depending on the price it could be a good find.

Rust doesn't look good at all. More distressing is the apparent leak in the steering rack as evidenced in the 3rd photo. Granted, that might be minor and easily fixable with an additive to the steering fluid that resolves leaks. But, in conjunction with that rust, I'd be looking elsewhere. Keep in mind, I live in TX where rust free cruisers are abundant.

I see you are located in Canada. Not sure where. But this is pretty typical for Ontario. If the price is right, I would just buy it and set aside some $'s for repairs. Make sure the body is OK. Especially the tailgate.

If you find a rust-free one and want to keep it that way, you could not use it as a DD in this part of the country. Especially with the brine solutions they are using now to treat the roads.
Yes I'm in Canada, but west coast Alberta. If this is typical for Ontario, then it must be really bad for AB. I hear that west coast cars should not be as rusted as east coast ones...

Based on the comments, I think I'm going to pass on it. That being said, what would be a "good" price if I really wanted this car?

Thanks all for your inputs.

There are 100’s sold in texas and arkansas all the time that have zero rust. Thats where i would look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom