Is this the rear locker harness plug? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy,
I'm in the process of measuring out and fabricating my own rear bumper, and thus took the spare tire & holder off my lx. After looking around under there, ordering some rust preventative spray.. I remembered reading that the factory UN-locked lx450's 'may' have come with the harnesses for locked front and rear axles. I read this but could never find anything w/ pictures or actual facts. I have a 96' and was winding if anyone can confirm these plugs to be the locker harnesses.

I want to eventually get a factory locked rear axle, I managed to pick up a 100 series locker switch for the single rear locker, there is a plug behind the dash that plugs into that switch but would I need the harness to go from the kick panel to the rear locker? Or is it true that the lx really did come with the harnesses. I do know that I need the ecu either way,

any input would be much appreciated, thanks

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

Nope, afaik, the locker harness goes from the DS by the spare jack and then out to the axle near the ABS. The rest of the harness goes along the floor on the DS from there to the front pedal area. You will need to either make your own or swap one out, the computer needed mounts in the front. There is a good swap thread in the FAQ. I'm curious if that harness is for a factory hitch set up but haven't looked into it.

ha, maybe one day... then again maybe one day I can get a 76 series..

Thanks for clearing that up Kief

I swapped lockers into mine, I wish I would have done when I had my interior stripped out the first time.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom