Is this the llumar 35% bronze film most are using for front windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As I understand it, Llumar Bronze isn't available anywhere anymore. Definitely not on TintCenter. Even Suntek HP Bronze appears to be unavailable on that site now. I bought some Suntek HP Bronze from them last year, and at the time that was the only bronze tint I could find online (still haven't installed it, unfortunately).

Here are my complete notes from my search for decent bronze tint, last updated 2018:

Bronze
Llumar Bronze ATR 35 BR SR HPR
by Keep
Good match, less reflective.

Listed as 8% light reflection
Available in 20%, 35%, and 50% transmission​

Llumar Platinum F2 PP 35
by citadel
Looks like a perfect match, some debate about whether 'platinum' would have the bronze look

Discussion of matching Llumar Bronze:

Substitue Tints
SnapTint.com HP Bronze 35 has 10% interior reflectivity, 8% exterior reflectivity

Suntek HP (High Performance) Bronze
Available in 40 and 18 (42% and 15% actual light transmission)

HP 40 Bronze lists 42% light transmission and 7% reflectivity
HP 18 Bronze lists 15% light transmission and 5% reflectivity​

TintCenter
Lists 40% Bronze tint with 8% reflectivity​

SunGard doesn't seem to offer a bronze tint

Ive decided that instead of trying to match it, or replace all the rear glass with clear, or find that special solution to remove the factory sprayed-on tint, Im just going to tint the rear, and add the clear, UV-blocking ceramic to the front and windshield. Embrace the old-school look?

I also have a theory that getting windows tinted in the dead of winter is the time to do it, because maybe can get a better deal?

Here's a random Facebook promo video I came across. It's dated 2022, mentions "HP bronze 40" to match a 90s Japanese look, and shows a Llumar badge at the beginning. It also shows "FormulaOne" which appears to be a current Llumar product family, but their site doesn't say anything about bronze. So, just some old stock they had laying around, or a product not listed clearly on their site?

Ive decided that instead of trying to match it, or replace all the rear glass with clear, or find that special solution to remove the factory sprayed-on tint, Im just going to tint the rear, and add the clear, UV-blocking ceramic to the front and windshield. Embrace the old-school look?

I also have a theory that getting windows tinted in the dead of winter is the time to do it, because maybe can get a better deal?
Did you end up fixing this problem? Curious how it turned out

I just put the LLumar Formula One Stratos 70 on the windshield and it was well worth it.

I had their Air 80 on a previous truck, which was cheaper but still ceramic l, and I can’t tell much of a difference.

2 out of 3 tint places just wouldn’t tint my 80 so my options were limited. One didn’t have it in their computer that cuts the film and the other didn’t want to deal with accidentally breaking old plastic… which actually happened on a small piece of sunroof trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom