Is this stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Building new brake lines for my ‘77 resto and I’ve run into an issue with the front axle brake divider. Anyways, built the line and screwed it into the divider and it didn’t bottom out so I’m concerned this isn’t stock.

Any info would be appreciated.
81EB593F-1240-46D0-A5B2-C0C05BD68F96.jpeg
C3052833-7BC6-4D4F-B76C-311F20841B76.jpeg

That sure looks like a factory union to me. Were the original OEM brake fittings a bit longer?

I’ve replaced all brake fittings with new fittings from @Rainman. The hodgepodge of fittings that were installed by the PO consisted of two fittings per line end. I’ve eliminated all of those up to this point. I’d really like to avoid reusing then if at all possible.

This is what I took off all the old lines...
6628FE6F-45B9-48A5-9904-259C7C17E256.jpeg

What’s funny is, the rear axle divider (below) was fine and the fittings from Rainman were perfect.

4F1E0323-B0EF-47C6-810A-956B5DB02CA7.jpeg

Looks good. In your 1st pic, that goes on top of frt axle housing, there's a tab for it.

I had a similar issue on two fittings with a set of @Rainman lines. He was aware of my
issue as well. Obviously sourcing connectors doesn't end up with the exact same as OEM
(the neck was almost imperceptably shorter) and the original toyota female joins sometimes
vary in depth below the tolerance. That is an OEM divider in your first picture.

Make no mistake...I'm still happy with the end result but nuts vary. It is what it is.

I had a similar issue on two fittings with a set of @Rainman lines. He was aware of my
issue as well. Obviously sourcing connectors doesn't end up with the exact same as OEM
(the neck was almost imperceptably shorter) and the original toyota female joins sometimes
vary in depth below the tolerance. That is an OEM divider in your first picture.

Make no mistake...I'm still happy with the end result but nuts vary. It is what it is.
Good to know. I guess I’ll have to use the old fittings for that union. Kinda a bummer. I measured and the rainman fittings are about 2mm too short.

Good to know. I guess I’ll have to use the old fittings for that union. Kinda a bummer. I measured and the rainman fittings are about 2mm too short.

I did the exact same thing. I hacked out the new nuts and put the old nuts back on the new line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom