Is this stock stereo for land cruiser 1994? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for this great forum. I have been visiting for years now.
I bought this land cruiser almost everything is stock. This stereo I don't know if it's stock or not. It has no volume
It has 6 cd changer, which is not working after 24 years. But also no cd button in the stereo. If it's stock stereo I will modify it with bluetooth and aux add-on, if it's not, I will replace it with a new one. Thanks for everyone in advance.

IMG_20200830_111115.jpg

I looked at my factory sales literature for my 1994 Land Cruiser for trucks being delivered in the USA, and could not find anything close to that radio being offered, even as a dealer installed option. If you still have a copy of your factory owners manual It should show you each and every radio that came from the factory for you're market, along with instructions on how to use it.

The style and manufacturer are correct, but I've never seen anything like it. I'd guess it's something that was offered in markets other than North America. Are there any radio controls on the steering wheel? They must have existed somewhere.

I have seen that type of radio in Japan, and was likely available in your area of the world, but that stereo was not available in US-market 80s. I bet that it is original to your 80 and represented an upgrade over stock with the CD changer. If you pull a front door speaker and it is a Pioneer or JVC unit, then your 80 had the upgraded sound system. Otherwise, the speakers would not have any brand on them.

Thanks for everyone
Unfortunately the owner's manual is not present. The speakers are not pioneer. I checked the vin on toyodiy.com and I couldn't find this stereo
VIN is FZJ80-0056606

IMG_20200905_163711.jpg

IMG_20200905_163727.jpg

Honestly, I would just pull it and the CD changer and replace it with an aftermarket one of your choice.

I believe the fade working as a volume control is adjusting the fade from connected to unconnected/dead speakers front to rear.

I see a sub tank button underneath. So that tells me it is not a US 80. Where did you get the 80 from and what country are you in?

his avatar says Saudi Arabia :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom