Is this really a $20K FJ40?

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
SILVER Star

it is worth what people will pay for it...

if I really wanted it, I would be willing to pay $6,000. But only if I really wanted exactly that 40.

JasonH

Apparantly jakub7777 thinks so. That's all that really matters on ebay. It's not what something is worth, it's what someone is willing to pay.

Looks like a nice rig though.

Fly Rod

How can you call that a restoration? Did he use any toyota parts? It might be a nice build but I wouldn't buy a "restoration" without an I6 in it. Some of the people selling on ebay are quite good at convincing the uninitiated they are spend their money wisely.

Fly Rod

TJDIV

Back in The U.P.

Looks like a fishy auction to me.

and the high bidder's floating a brand new negative.

Probably bid up by the seller or acquaintance.....

patride71

TJDIV said:
i've often wondered how much that happens....drive the bid price up for a buddy. if the buddy wins, then let him off the hook and try again?

TJDIV said:
Looks like a fishy auction to me.

and the high bidder's floating a brand new negative.

Yep or a no pay.I put up a lv hulk last year -buy it now-And i still don't have the money.Guess i should make a swb outa it.

74fj40

patride71 said:
i've often wondered how much that happens....drive the bid price up for a buddy. if the buddy wins, then let him off the hook and try again?

That happened with us when we bought our bmw on ebay. its called shill bidding, theres a whole section on ebay that about it ill try find it in a minute. luckly with the bmw we got all our money back and got to keep the car!! but also the tranny busted thats another reason why we got our money back.

I'd never buy a cruiser without a toyota engine. If I wanted a mediocre american engine, I'd buy a mediocre american vehicle.

20,000-- no way in hell. I'd pay him $2000 for it at the most cause it would cost me tons to undo all of his "improvements."

Steve

Top Bottom